Chapter Thirty-Three

LUCAS 

We were currently in the plane. I didn't have anyone with me, unlike the other two. Jaehee was with a guardian, and Irina was with her friend, Sadie, I believe, and her Uncle. Speaking of Irina, she really needed to get some rest. I could tell she was cranky today because of the lack of sleep. 

I really thought about dying my hair, but Irina was so against it, I decided not to do it. I guess I was better off a blonde than an owner of dark hair. But you know.. I wouldn't know until I actually do it. Maybe I'll do it soon. I'll think about, again. 

Irina was seated beside me. Sitting by the other aisle on my side was Namjoon. Jaehee was on the left side of Irina, also on the aisle. It made me happy just seeing how excited the three of them were. Sure, I also was, but unlike them, I don't have anything to go back to in Korea. 

I didn't have close friends but them. I wasn't close to my relatives. I wasn't close to my first family. But I did have a good reason to go back to Korea-- I decided to start my occupation as a doctor there first, then maybe go back to UK, then to France.. 

"Don't wake me up!" Irina announced, turning to Jaehee, then to me, then to Namjoon. Yes. She definitely did not sleep well. Judging it by her tone, her expression, and her voice. She was really strictly following this sleeping schedule of hers.. was she? "I'm going to kill you if you do." she lowered her shades, then leaned back. 

"Don't worry," Namjoon reassured, untangling his earphones as he smiled at me, "I'm sure you'll grow to like them. And I'm sure they'll like you too. They're also not the type of people who need some time to warm up to you, so they're definitely going to treat you nicely." I returned his smile and nodded, glad that he took his time to reassure me that. 

Even though I've gained more confidence interacting with strangers ever since I met them, I was still pretty hesitant about meeting new people. And even if they are the ones to quickly warm up to me, I was still the type of person who would take time to warm up to someone. 

Thinking about what's going to be happening in Korea, I couldn't help but grow uneasy. I didn't know what it was about-- but whenever I thought about it, I would get the same feeling. What did this mean? What was going to happen? 

I turned my head, my gaze landing on Irina, who was sleeping soundly. A face mask was covering her mouth, and she was wearing shades, covering her face almost completely. I knew why, though-- it's because she had no makeup. I sighed. 

No matter what bad feeling this may was, no matter what's going to happen in Korea, at all costs, I thought: 'I'm never going to betray Irina..' 

This flight is going to be rather long-- but maybe for the first few hours, I'd read a book. 

-- 

It was noon. Maybe 3 and a half hours had passed since our take-off, and I was already close to finishing my book. I flipped a page, reading silently and noticing that almost everyone around me was already sleeping. Irina, on the other hand.. 

My brows furrowed as I turned my head to look at her. She was facing my direction, and the second I did look at her, her eyes fluttered open. And I closed my book, moving closer to her, "Irina, why are you crying?" I asked worriedly. 

"Something bad is going to happen," she cried, her voice low as she wiped her tears. Her tires eyes locked with mines, and I could tell she's sensed it too. Was it the same thing I've also sensed? "I can sense it. And I'm part of it." 

"So, you sensed it too." I voiced out my thoughts, sighing as I handed her a tissue. She wasn't a sensitive person, so I was rather shocked when I saw her cry. What did.. she dream of? Was this bad thing I kept feeling that horrible? What was going to happen? "I don't know what this is about, but let's not worry about it yet."