Chapter Fourteen

"Here, Jaehee, see? I got you what you wanted!" I hand her a rectangular velvet box, a ribbon wrapped around it. Jaehee sent me a thankful smile, before leading me inside her house. It was incredibly modern-- there was no 2nd floor, but the house was enormous. The design was edgy, clean, quite my type, but I still loved our house more. "Happy Birthday!" 

"Thanks, Irina." she giggled. She lead me to the middle of the house, and I thought I was the first one there, as I figured this was the place we would be hanging in, until she opened a door to the legit living room; sitting on one of the huge, comfortable couches was Namjoon, who was on his phone. "Make yourself at home." 

"Where's Lucas?" me and Namjoon asked in union. The second we did, I flashed him a glare, which he gladly returned. I then sat on the couch across from him. Because really, I did not want to be near him! Jaehee shrugged. 

"I don't know.. I thought he was going to be with you when you arrived." she replied, looking around and obviously worried. Now I finally managed to notice her outfit. She was wearing a slim, red dress that hugged her figure, and it reached just below her knees. It wasn't erotic, it looked more innocent. She had her hair down, natural make-up, and her nails! Better ask her where she got them done later. 

"Well, we can't start the party without that blonde!" I emphasised the party, because really, partying when there was 4 of you was definitely.. yeah, fun. Geez.. why did Lucas have to be so shy? His personality and my life's flow made me feel like I was in high school. 

The doorbell rang, making Namjoon look up from his phone. "Speaking of the blonde.." 

"I'll go get it," Jaehee says. "I'll ready the food as I do, too." she places her phone on the table distancing me and Namjoon from each other. "If someone calls, please answer it. I won't take too long." she sent us a two-finger salute, before strolling off. 

It made me wonder why Jaehee was doing everything on her own. I didn't see any maids, or anyone else, for the matter, so I think that her parents weren't here, she was an only child-- and, they didn't have other people working here. I don't know. 

The second she left, I immediately went on my phone and started to take selfies. Because really, what else would I do? From the corner of my eye, I see Namjoon staring at me. Scoffing, I looked up from my phone and directed my attention to him, "What are you looking at?" 

"Nothing, you're just ugly." he replied. Yeah, something I expected from someone who didn't follow my social media accounts! At his response, I rolled my eyes. 

"Ha, so should I be staring at you as well, cause you're uglier?" I cocked an eyebrow. Me and Namjoon's arguments didn't vary around our surroundings. Because as long as we saw each other, we just had an instinct on arguing. I was still pretty bitter about him breaking my vase.. 

"I don't know, maybe you should." he smirked, making me flash him a glare. Of course, being the amazing defender I am, was about to say something, until Jaehee's phone rang. And luckily, I beat Namjoon to answering the phone. I didn't even get to see who was on the line when I did. 

"Hello?" I said slowly. 

"Hello! Who is this?" yeah, the person on the other line was definitely female. I was glad Namjoon couldn't hear our conversation. Though it looked like he wanted to kill me-- as we locked eyes as I talked on the phone. I smiled and took a breath. 

"Irina, Jaehee and Namjoon's friend." that must've sounded weird to the other person, though I was thankful they seemed to know the two. 

"Really? Where are they?" she asked. 

"They, as in, Jaehee or Namjoon, or Lucas, or--" 

"Wait, who?" now, they were definitely more than confused.