Chapter 41

Last chapter!

Sorry I'm actually a pretty big country fan so you've gotta put up with some Tim McGraw bc I can't find a better last chapter song

Got to hold on easy as I let you go,
gonna tell you how much I love,
though you think you already know,
I remeber I thought you looked like an angel,
wrapped in pink so soft and warm,
you had me wrapped around your finger,
since the day you were born.

~~

Cherry crawled to me and I smiled. She looked up at me with her big green eyes. They were so big now, they were already seven months old

"Hello," I cooed. "What are you up to?"

She looked up at me and laughed. Frank and I have gotten back together again and I've since moved back into his house, highly disappointing my parents again. Things were a little bit awkward at first but now it was amazing again. All our friends were grateful because they told us we were being stupid the entire time.

And really, it was pretty stupid of us overall. It was just over some dumb argument and I'm not even sure of the sole purpose. I think it was about money, mostly. And I just hope that if we're arguing about money now then this is the worst that it's going to get and our money arguments aren't as bad in the future. However, I highly doubt it's going to work like that, we're destined for more arguments.

I just hope that we've learned from this experience and this breakup. It was dumb and immature, really. But then again I'm still only seventeen and Frank is merely eighteen. We were young and we knew that we were young but we were so in love. The wedding is back on but just pushed back a little bit.

Frank and I have both apologized to each other a million times over. We both felt guilty and devastated, neither of us wanted to break up with the other. We were just angry and emotional and rash. We should've really thought things over and had a more reasonable conversation. I was pretty emotional too, I wasn't focusing much on his side of the conversation.

I just kept imagining what our lives would be like if we never got back together. I would be a single mother for what would probably be a while. I'd probably be living with my parents for quite a while, longer than I would really hope. It would be hard being a single mom and Frank and I would have to have joint custody over the twins. Maybe I would really move on and I would try dating, which would of course be hard to do being a single mom because no young guy really wants to settle down with a girl and her kids.

I would still have my parents' money, which would be really good for my daughters. They would have money for all the toys and clothes they could ever possibly want. They would be able to go to private school and they would be able to afford to go to college to do whatever they want. But they would still be with a single parent and no child wants that. Thankfully, though, they would have each other. I was maybe gonna go to college, I hadn't really decided. All I knew was that I wanted to take care of my beautiful little girls for the rest of my life, alone or not.

I hated the fact that we broke up at all in the first place. It was stupid and immature and I really didn't want any of this to happen. I just wanted us to be happy and to be together for a long time so I'm not entirely sure why we really broke up in the first place. It was stupid, really stupid. I just wish that none of this ever happened. It was so dumb and I wish I could just take all of this back. After all that we've been through together we broke up over something that was just so fucking dumb. We've been through an arrest and assault and kids and an engagement. We deserved happiness after everything that we've been through together.

"Hey, I'm home," Frank said.

He handed me the little plastic bag and I felt my stomach drop. We went to the bathroom together and I pulled out the pregnancy test.