Chapter 23

Y'all my brother was legally able to buy a rifle at the age of 17 (without any sort of paperwork) but even at 19 he wasn't allowed into a Costco even when he had a parent's permission (if you don't know Costco is just a store like Walmart)

~~

"What's going on?" Linda asked when she got home.

"F-Frank was arrested," I whimpered.

I was feeding both my daughters but I just wanted to go and crawl into bed and cry.

"Arrested?! For what?!" She asked.

"M-Mr. Iero sexually assaulted me and F-Frank took a bat to his car and tried attacking his dad too," I said.

"H-he...he what?" Linda whispered.

"He crawled into bed with me and s-started touching me and he j-jerked off to me," I whimpered.

"No...h-he wouldn't," she denied.

I sniffled and looked down. Frank Sr. walked downstairs and I whimpered

"Frank, you have to go and bail our son out of jail," she said.

"Why should I do that?" Frank Sr. asked. "He should just rot there, you, me, Gee and the twins can just go off and move to Wisconsin and leave him here to rot."

"H-he's my baby," Linda whimpered.

"He tried taking my head off with a bat," he said.

"D-did you really touch Gee?" She asked.

"Of course not," he denied.

Linda looked at me and I knew she was taking my side over his.

"Frank, sh-she's seventeen, she's just a kid," Linda whispered.

"A kid?" He scoffed. "She has two kids of her own, she's the one who's always flaunting her tits around."

"She's feeding her children!" Linda shouted.

Frank Sr. slapped her and she whimpered. From the look on her face I could tell this wasn't the first time he's hit her.

"Don't talk to me like that," he spat.

I sniffled as I pulled my babies away, pulling down my shirt. I held them to my chest protectively as I cried.

"Please just don't press charges on my son," Linda begged. "I-I'll go with you to Wisconsin, it could be just the two of us there."

Frank Sr. huffed and went off to the kitchen as Linda quickly hurried after. I sniffled and carried my daughters upstairs. I could hear shouting downstairs and I sobbed as I hugged my babies.

"It's gonna be okay," I whispered.

My phone rang and I set the babies into their cribs, answering quickly.

"Baby, a-are you okay?" Frank asked.

"I-I'm scared," I whimpered.

"Please, Baby, Just leave," he begged. "Go stay the night at Jamia's or Lindsey's or something. It's starting to get late and I don't want you there with that bastard."

"Frank, He's abusive," I whispered.

"Can I talk to my mom?" He asked.

I nodded, hurrying downstairs to hand her the phone. They talked quietly before she handed the phone back to me.

"I love you, Baby, but I have to go now," he said. "Give the girls kisses for me."

"I love you too," I whispered.