Chapter 13

Frank looked like he might explode as he looked at his father. I wrapped my arms around him, trying to calm him down.

"Baby, Baby," I whispered.

His dad stood up and Frank scowled, puffing out his chest as he stood in front me protectively.

"What the fucking are you doing just crawling your shitty ass back here seventeen years too late?" Frank asked.

"Frank," Linda whispered.

"No, mom, how can you just Fucking forgive him?" He asked. "He left you pregnant and alone. He should be arrested for doing what he did!"

"Not Everything is black and white," his dad said.

"You shut your Fucking mouth," Frank spat. "You left us alone. It's Fucking sexual assault to take off a condom without consent. You're Fucking disgusting."

"Come on, Baby, maybe we should just go upstairs," I said.

Frank shook his head.

"You fucking ditched us the second you found out you got her pregnant," Frank said. "How could you just fucking do that?"

I wrapped my arms around him from behind, running my fingers through his hair.

"Baby, come on, let's go upstairs," I said.

I tugged his hand and he reluctantly followed me up.

"You wanna go take a shower?" I asked.

Frank nodded and I pulled him into the bathroom, turning on the shower. Showers have always made him feel better when he was younger. I helped get both of us undressed and we got into the shower.

"Fucking asshole thinks he can just come back after everything he did," he muttered.

I rubbed his shoulders gently and he sighed.

"What does he think he's gonna do?" Frank asked. "Just come back here and think he's gonna be my dad or something?"

"Come on, Baby, just talk to him," I said. "You've always wanted to be able to talk to him."

"Yeah, I would want to punch him in the fucking face," he said. "He left us, he left my mom all alone. You know what, no, I don't wanna fucking shower."

I sighed as he stepped out. He got dressed and I quickly hurried out and we went downstairs.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing here?" Frank asked.

"I want to apologize and make up for what I did," his dad said.

"Where the fuck were you when we couldn't afford a new pair of shoes for school?" Frank asked. "Where were you when I wouldn't be allowed to eat lunch at school because we couldn't afford it? Where the fuck were you when kids at school made fun of me for not having a dad?"

"I'm sorry," he said quietly.

"You're fucking sorry?" He asked. "And that makes it okay?"

Frank ran a hand through his dark, long, wet hair. He was practically fuming.

"Frank, sweetheart, do you want some tea?" Linda asked.

"No I don't want fucking tea," Frank denied.

His mother looked hurt and he softened.

"I'm sorry, mom, I'm not mad at you," he said. "I'm just pissed at this fucking asshole."

I groaned as I sat down, my back and feet aching. Frank rubbed my shoulders gently and I sighed.

"You got a chick pregnant in high school too?" His dad asked.