Chapter 16

"Frank, Genevieve," Frank Sr. said. "I got something for you."

We looked over at him curiously and Frank helped me up to my feet. We walked outside where we saw a brand new Audi in the driveway.

"What is this?" Frank asked.

"You can't share a car with your mom for the rest of your life," he said, tossing Frank a set of keys. "Think of it as a pregnancy gift."

"Seriously?" Frank asked. "This is Fucking awesome!"

"Take It out for a spin, see how you like it," he said.

Frank helped me into the passenger seat before running over to the driver's side. We drove around and he smiled.

"Shit, this is awesome," he said.

There were heated seats and steering wheel, an aux cord, built in GPS, leather seats, backup camera, AEB, 360-degree surround-view camera systems, bluetooth connectivity, USB ports, dual-zone climate control, voice control. It even had a keyless entry!

"Frank, this seems really expensive," I mumbled.

"Well, he skipped out for seventeen years so I think this is the least he could do," Frank said.

"Does Linda know about it?" I asked.

"I don't know," he said. "Baby, why are you upset? It's a car for us!"

"I know, just...I just don't want him to just buy your love," I said. "I want him to actually work for your love, I don't want him to buy your love."

"Baby, it's okay," he said, reaching over to hold my hand.

"Can we go home?" I asked. "I need to shower and study for the finals tomorrow."

Frank nodded, turning the car around.

"And can you shave my legs for me?" I asked. "I'm too big to do it and they're all scratchy."

"Uh, yeah, I can do that," he agreed.

Frank pulled into the driveway and I frowned softly as I looked at Linda and Frank Sr. in the driveway. Frank Sr. had an arm wrapped around her waist as my boyfriend shut off the engine.

"You go up and get ready and I'll go talk to Frank for a minute," he said.

I nodded and headed up the stairs. I filled the tub with a bit of water, pulling off my clothes.

"Alright," Frank said as he walked in, shutting the door behind him.

He helped me get undressed and held my hand to help lower me into the tub so I didn't slip.

"Alright, how do I do this?" He asked. "I don't wanna accidentally cut you or something."

"It's pretty much the same as when you shave your face," I said, handing him the shaving cream and razor. "It's just scratchy and itchy and I can't take it anymore."

I smiled as Frank started working his way on my left leg.

"So, Linda is okay with this?" I asked.

"With the car?" he asked and I nodded. "She's okay with it. I think they're in love."

"Really? How do you feel about all of that?" I asked.

"Better than I expected," he said.

"Thought you hated him," I said.

"I know, I did but I'm starting to realize that maybe he isn't so bad," he said. "I mean, he was only seventeen years old when he got my mom pregnant, he was probably just scared and he shouldn't have left, obviously, but he was still young, he was my age, and I know it's terrifying."