Insanity, Humanity TR

There's always been two Theo's— metaphorically speaking, of course.

There's the Beacon Hills Theo that is a pain in the ass and betrays anyone that comes in contact with him. From innocent chimeras changed without a say to people that always look for the good in him.

Then, there's (your/hometown/in Cali) Theo that everyone genuinely enjoys being around. People in town called the two of you Bonnie and Clyde— always up to mischief and always together. He left you roses when you least expected it and treated you like a princess.

He managed to always keep his lives separate and secret from one another.

He moved to Beacon Hills at the start of senior year; right after the two of you decided to take a break and grow as individuals. It broke your heart to do that, but it's what both of you needed after being together since freshman year.

You haven't seen him—talked to him— in months. Even though you guys weren't dating, you were still best friends at the core.

As soon as he left, your communication with him became a rare gem. He was always busy with school or new friends.

You tried to respect that privacy by not calling or texting him, so you don't seem so desperate, but the last month has really taken a toll on you without him.

Your parents were down your back about college and ACT/SAT scores. Your school work was piling up on top of each other. Your friends want to spend every waking moment together since it's the last year before you all go separate ways.

Everyone is expecting so much from you. You're supposed to be getting perfect scores in everything.

Be the perfect daughter.

Be the upbeat social friend.

You're tired of being there for everyone. No one wants to listen to you or your problems.

No one will let you breathe.

It began to feel better to lock yourself up in your room than to face anyone outside your door. You never thought that not having Theo around would make your life so miserable. You can't talk to the one person that listens to you and understands—or at least tries to— everything going on.

Your finger hovered over the green call button as Theo's name illuminated the screen. In a moment of pure desperation, you click the screen and pull the phone up to your ear.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"The person you have dialed could not come to the phone right now. If you would like to leave a message, stay on the line and hang up after you're finished. Begin speaking after the beep."

Beep.

Stray tears build in the corners of your eyes as you start speaking, "Hey, Theo, it's me. I know we haven't talked in a while, but I just wanted to catch up. I hope everything has been going well in Beacon Hills. I've been— a mess, honestly, I know it was my idea for us to have a break, but I can't do this," tears stained your cheeks as your voice wavered. "I just... I-I need you. I need to be around you, or just hear your voice, or something. Theo, I need you."

You hung up, fell onto your bed, and cried until you fell asleep.

•••

As soon as Theo heard your voicemail, he packed up his stuff and left Beacon Hills— unnoticed by the Dread Doctors and Scott's pack.

The only worry in his mind was how you were holding up. He tried calling you countless times, but you were asleep and everything went straight to voicemail.