Sanji x Cheated!Reader

Start from the beginning

"Nami!" you called over the music.

The ginger turned and smiled widely when she saw you. "Hey, it's good to finally see you at a party!"

You laughed. "Right? You look awesome!"

She wore a navy blue dress with black designs that reached around mid-thigh, which was tight around her torso but fanned out at her waist, where she wore a block belt. She had black leggings and 6-inch heel boots, with fake bow and arrows in a quiver strapped on her back.

"You too! Did you see Sanji?"

You chuckled. "Yeah."

"Was that planned?"

"No, but it's a sweet coincidence!"

"Here, I have some people I want you to meet!"

She introduced you to some of Luffy's friends he invited. One had dark hair with blue tints named Trafalgar Law, who looked more than disturbed to be around a bunch of dressed up teenagers that were half way to drunk and dancing too close to each other to music much too loud and much too out of his tastes.

The other, Eustass Kid, seemed right at home, though. With flaming red hair that matched his drunken, flushed cheeks and a seemingly always present smirk, he waltzed around the house like he owned it.

After a while of partying, you found a quiet place upstairs where you rested your arms on the balcony's railing, watching the peaceful night from above.

"(Y/N)-chan, what're you doing up here all alone?"

You turned your head slightly. "Sanji. Just stepping out for a bit, small break."

He hummed. "I know it's already been a while, but how're you feeling about the whole thing with Zoro?"

You sighed. "I mean... I'm over him, don't get me wrong. But sometimes it just kinda makes me think... 'what's wrong with me?' You know? Like, what was wrong with me that made it not work out."

He stood by you, leaning his back against the railing. "Do you want a completely honest answer?" he asked, lighting a cigarette and looking up at the smoke drifting into the night sky.

You swallowed. "Yeah."

"Nothing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you. If that idiotic moss-head decided he'd lose someone like you, that's all on him," he said before bringing the cigarette back to his lips.

You smiled and turned your head away from the boy.

He let out another puff of smoke before speaking. "You alright? Hey, look at me."

You turned towards the boy, and he panicked for a moment.

"(Y/N)-chan! Did I say something wrong?"

You let out a huff of laughter, tears falling from your sparkling, (E/C) eyes. You grinned up at the boy. "No, not at all... you said everything right. I... You really think so?"

He wiped the tears and eyeliner from your flushed cheeks with a handkerchief.

"I know so. It's... probably not the best time to say this, but I'm honestly afraid I won't have the courage to say this later," he starts. "(Y/N), you're such a spectacular person. Kind, selfless, sweet. And you have the most beautiful smile and stunning eyes, and you're brave yet gentle. Overall perfect.

"(Y/N), I love you."

Your eyes widened and you grinned as more tears threatened to spill. "I—I think I do too. I mean, love you, not me, I mean, I do love myself, I don't really hate myself, and—" your flustered babbling was cut off by his lips.

He pulled away, your face cupped in his hands. His deep blue eyes captured you for a moment, and you'd be glad to get lost in them any time.

You swallowed before speaking up. "I... Do you think you'd be able to really fix it completely?"

"Hm?"

"My heart... It still hurts, it still feels broken, even if I've gotten over Zoro," you say, looking away.

He took a deep breath before answering. "I don't think anyone can fully fix a broken heart. Only put the right pieces in the right places, hold it in place, and protect it the best you can from being broken again."

You frown a little.

"But I'll do everything I can to protect your patchwork heart. That's a promise."

You smile and redirect your gaze to his, wrapping your arms around him, bringing him into a hug. He returned it gladly, putting out his cigarette on the metal railing behind you and tossing it to the floor.

He planted a kiss on the top of your head, and in his arms, you felt like nothing could get you. "I'll protect you and your heart," he mumbled into your hair. "Because something that beautiful deserves it."

You smiled into his chest. "Thanks, Sanji, so much. I—" you hesitated, then with confidence, finished, "I love you, Sanji."