I hate penguins

Fionna's POV

I woke up this morning and it was lightly raining. I had kept the window oopened up a bit for fresh air, but it had ended up chilling the whole house. I sat up in bed and breathed in the cool air. There was a scent coming from downstairs. It smelled good. Really good! I jumped from my bed like a ninja, and raced to the kitchen.

There I found Cake, making breakfast. "Morning, Cake. What's for B-fast?" I asked hungrily.

Cake turned and smiled. "Dinner!" Cake sat our plates on the table. I smiled brightly. "Dinner for breakfast. That's awesome! Much better than breakfast for dinner." Of course, I didn't really care, I was just hungry.

She served the food. "I made cheeseburgers!" said Cake. "Mmm, smells good, Cake." I said, about to take a bite.

Cake took off her apron and sat down to eat. "So, are you excited that your birthday is coming up soon, baby?" Cake asked me as I ate.

"Yeah, I guess so." I swallowed my food so my words wouldn't sound muffled. "There aren't going to be any pranks this time, are there?" I asked, remembering my 13th birthday, when Cake made it look like she was murdered. And to top it all off we actually could have been killed. We'd be dead right now if Mr. Jello Man wasn't there to break our fall when the train fell off of a cliff.

"No, Fionna. No pranks, I promise." Cake told me, reassuringly. "Now go take a shower and get dressed, we need to be ready in case evil asks for trouble." Cake said. "Alright." I said, climbing up the ladder that lead to our bedroom.

I got out a fresh pair of my usual clothes, which was my blue shirt and skirt, socks, and under clothes. I brought the clothes into the bathroom with me, and stripped down.

As I let the warm water run down my back, I washed my hair. Usually in the mornings when I have to wake up, I don't want to get in. But when I get in I never want to get out.

When I was finished, I turned the water off, dried up, and got dressed. I had to blow-dry my hair, otherwise Cake wouldn't let me go outside, saying that I might catch a cold.

I finished blow drying my long hair that went down to my waist. Then I stuffed my long, blonde hair into my awesome bunny hat and quickly put my shoes on.

I jumped down to the living room, only to find Cake, licking herself.

I gagged, and looked away. Cake didn't notice me, and just continued 'bathing' herself.

Just then, the phone rang, and Cake, thank Glob, stopped licking herself.

I picked up the phone and answered with a 'hello', but there was screaming on the other end. I recognized the voice. It was Peppermint Maid. She yelled, screaming about the Ice Queen.

"We're on our way!" I said, reassuringly, and hung up.

"Come on, Cake!" I said, heading towards the front door. "We've got a price to rescue!"

"Hold on!" Cake said, putting on a brown pair of snow boots. "Don't forget your adventure pack, sweetie." she said, handing me my green backpack.

"Oh, yeah, thanks." I said.

We both ran outside. It had stopped raining, but the sky was still hidden with clouds.

I jumped onto Cake's back as she grew in size, using her stretchy powers.

As we neared the Candy Kingdom, snow began to pile. The kingdom was below winter temperature.

"Whoah, it's freezing here." Cake said, when we entered the town.