From Dreams to Nightmares part 2

Fionna's POV

We were sitting on the thick branch of a tree, it was nighttime. There was a full moon, but it was cloudy, which made the whole sky light up with colors like blue, purple, and green.

Marshall had his arm around me, and we were sitting, looking up at the illuminated sky.

The moment felt so right. But, of course, something had to destroy it.

I felt his grip tighten on me. I looked at him and his demon eyes were showing, staring at me.

When I looked up at the sky, it was no longer the beautiful blend of colors, but a red mess.

Marshall pinned my shoulders against the branch, baring his fangs.

"Marsh, what are you doing? " I asked, starting to get scared.

When all I got in reply was a hiss, I used my legs to push him off of me. He was sent flying onto another branch. But when I tried to stand up, I lost my balance and fell off of the tree.

I plummeted downward, into the darkness.

For what seemed like forever, I fell, splash, into a body of water.

My body stiffened, not because the water was cold, it was actually room temp, but because it was sea water. I started choking on the disgustingly salty water.

The ocean. I feared it.

But my fear soon shifted to the second splash.

I looked around but it was too dark to see anything. I didn't know what to do. I felt so helpless.

Just then, something grabbed my leg and pulled me down underwater. I barely had a second to take a deep breath before going down.

Surprisingly, it was brighter and a lot more visible underwater. But that didn't change the fact that it was still the ocean!

I turned my head and met Marshall's face, his demon eyes still glowing a bright red. He tugged at my arm, trying to pull me closer to him. He apparently didn't need to breathe.

I tried punching and kicking, trying to pull away. But it was no use, I was too weak.

The water's temperature dropped, it felt like sharp needles piercing my skin.

Marshall pulled me toward him, bringing his mouth to my neck.

Then I felt it. His teeth were clamped onto my throat.

Even though the icey water numbed my body, all I felt was the pain on my neck. I let out a scream of agony, all of the air leaving my lungs.

I was all out of energy, air, hope, and blood.

Thankfully, the knocking at the front door woke me from the nightmare.

I was on the floor. I must have fallen off the couch when I was sleeping.

I ran downstairs to answer the door. When I opened it, Marshall was there, holding roses, and soaking wet.

"Dude, where's your umbrella?" I said, concerned for him.

"I forgot it." he said, a smile on his face.

"Get in here before you catch a cold." I said, stepping aside to let him in the tree house.

I told him to wait in the living room while I went to get some towels.

But when I came back in the living room, he was already completely shirtless! I practically threw the towels at him so he could cover up, and so I could use my hands to shield my eyes. It's not that I've never seen a shirtless dude before, it's just....well I dunno....I guess it's just that Marshall Lee makes me flustered.

"Thanks, Fi." he said, drying his hair.

I went into the laundry room to get some spare clothes for him. We both had kept a box of spare clothes at each other's house in case of an unexpected sleepover of if we just needed to change.

I came out with the box in my hands. "Here's your clothes, Marsh." I said, setting it on the coffee table.

"Oh, yeah, thanks" he said, remembering that he had left it here. He took out a black t-shirt with white sleeves and put it on.

When his pants started to come off, I assumed that meant I needed to turn away. So that's just what I did.

" You can look, Fi. Besides, I'm sure you want to." he said with a chuckle. And even though I wasn't facing him, I was almost positive that he winked after saying that.

I replied with a 'Pfft' a turned back around when I was sure that he was dressed.

"Why did you come over when it's pouring out?" I asked him.

He just smiled and lifted the roses in front of me. " I missed you. That's why." he said simply.

I took the flowers from his hands and inhaled deeply. They smelled as pretty as they looked.

"Glad you like them." he said with a smile. I set the flowers down on the coffee table. Then I heard him giggle from behind me.

"What?" I asked as I turned to face him.

"Nice cape, Fio" he said, floating above me and tugging on the blanket tied around my shoulders. I realized that I hadn't taken it off. I reached to try and remove the blanket from myself.

"No, don't take it off!" he said, grabbing my hands.

"Why?"

"Because you look adorable in it." he said with a sweet face.

"Hey, I'm not adorable, I'll mess you up." I said, attempting to sound tough, but failing.

He started laughing and floating on his back. I tried to pull him down by grabbing his foot. He stopped laughing, but his giggles did not cease.

Then he grabbed my arm, pulling me up with him, and laying me on his chest.

"Dude, put me back down!" I said, trying to push him away, even though I didn't really want him to stop this wonderful physical contact. He just held me tighter and floated down to the couch with me still on top of him.

"Mmh, you're so soft, Fionna." he said, starting to snuggle his face against my bunny ears. I sat up on the couch but his arms were still wrapped around my waist.

Then he started acting all weird, kissing my hat and making cooing noises, rubbing his cheeks against mine.

Then the phone rang....

I was hesitant to answer it, mostly because I didn't want this affection that I was recireceiving to stop.

I stretched my arm to answer it.

"Hello?" I spoke into the telephone.

"Hey, honey." I heard Cake's voice on the other end.

"Oh, Cake!" I said, trying to push Marshall away.

"Fionna, is someone with you? It sounds like someone's with you?" she questioned.

"What, no. Of course not. Well, I mean not unless you count BMO, but other than that, no ones here." I lied, hoping she would buy it.

"Alright. Well, I called to tell you that I won't be able to leave Lord's place until after the knife storm stops."

Knife storm? I looked out the window. It was dark and pouring daggers.

"Oh, ok, Cake." I said.

"Good. I'll see you later, Fionna" and she hung up.

I looked at Marshall. " Did you know that there was gonna be a knife storm? I asked him, feeling suspicious.

"Hmm, maybe. Maybe not." he said, laughing and continuing to rub his face against my hat. But this time I let him, enjoying the soft purrs and coos he made, and the pitter-patter of the daggers on the roof as we enjoyed each other.