Drama Bombs!

Fionna's POV

I looked out of the window and saw a truck drive away.

That must mean Cake is gone. I hope she doesn't get herself into too much trouble. But then again, her old gang usually only does petty crimes. Yeah, I shouldn't worry too much.

I ran downstairs to my room to get my backpack and my sword.

My pack was there sitting on my bed. I picked it up, but I noticed that there was something sticking out from under the pillow. I picked it up and found a piece of paper. It was a note.

I carefully read it, recognizing the handwriting.

Marshall left because of me? That didn't make me feel so good.

I tried my best to ignore the feeling of guilt, put my hat on, grabbed my sword, and ran out the front door.

I started running through the grasslands, feeling the wind blow through my bangs as I mindlessly sprinted through the night.

In the distance, I heard something. I stopped in my tracks, listening again. Then I heard, ever so faintly, my name being called.

I looked around and saw something heading towards me. A lumpy space person it looked to be.

"Fionna! Fionna the human! Thank glob I found you!" she said, now in front of me, running out of air.

"What's up? Something wrong?" I asked while she attempted to control her intakes of air.

She took a deep breath and continued.

"Lumpy Space Prince came on a visit to the Candy Kingdom to discuss plans for an upcoming ball with Prince Gumball, WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN THE ICE QUEEN BURSTED THE ROOF AND KIDNAPPED BOTH OF THE PRINCES! Peppermint Maid told me to come and find you and your feline companion for help!

"Well, don't worry, I'm gonna save them!" I said, running with full force towards the Ice Kingdom.

Too be kind of honest, I was super excited for the potential fight that I was about to get into. I felt super pumped up!

As I drew near the snowy castle I took my sweater from my backpack and quickly put it on.

Sword in hand, I marched up into the into the castle, carefully avoiding anything that would make me noticed, and climbed up the frosty steps, ready to fight.

As I was walking up the stairs inside of the high tower, I heard from a distance ahead something that seemed to be muffled screaming and complaining.

'Probably LSP.' I thought.

When I finally reached the highest level of the castle, there stood a door at the end of a vacant hallway.

I had never seen this part of the Ice Castle before. It seemed so...ominous.

I got a chill down my spine, and at first I thought it was because of the chilly palace, but I was wrong. It was because I knew in my gut that something was definitely off about this hallway. It wasn't the door at the end, it was just that cold, darkened pathway that I needed to escape from.

I hesitantly took the first step deeper into the long path that seemed to be lengthening with each slow step I took.

'It will be okay.' I kept reassuring myself. Just one door at the end. One destination.

I could see the ghosts escaping my mouth as I exhaled shaky breaths in the cold hall.

I don't know what is happening. What is causing this? Is this passage of the castle cursed? That must what's causing this. That has to be what's causing this. The Ice Queen probably put a spell on it. Crazy old hag. She is a witch afterall.