An Epic Battle

Fionna's POV

I ran into the freezing ballroom, anger the only thing keeping me warm.

That pestering old witch. This was my only chance to escape and she ruined it!

There she floated, in the middle of the ballroom.

"Hey, Ice Queen, this party is invite only!" I said, picking up speed towards her. "That means no crazy hags allowed!" Using the snack table, I jumped onto it and leaped towards her, my fist ready to meet her smug face.

She narrowly avoided the blow and I landed back onto the floor.
"You pathetic little tomboy. Your insults are as tacky as your dress."

I let out a growl alongside a bitter expression.

"Besides," she continued. "I should be thanking you and your stupid cat for doing my dirty work for me."

Confusion set itself upon me. 'Dirty work? What was she talking abou--Oh no.'

My face must've shown the realization because she soon spoke up once again.

"So nice of you two to set up my ambush crystals for me. But then again, I'm not one for saying 'thank you', so I'll just kill you instead!!" she cackled, sending a blast of snow at me.

I tried to move out of the way but the dress prevented that from happening. The snow piled onto me. Cold. Oh, so very cold. I shivered while pushing my way out of it.

Falling out of the frosted pile, I saw the witch shooting shards of ice at the guests, Cake grown three times her size, absorbing the sharp icicles with her thick fur, but still hurting her slightly.
"Cake, get everyone to safety!" I needed to fight without anyone else getting hurt.

Leading everyone out of the ballroom and out of the castle, Cake let out a string of 'ow's along with her.

The cold hag took the opportunity to again, spraying freezing water. I tried to dodge it, but I tripped on my dress and fell to the floor, getting soaked with cold water in the process. Almost as embarrassing as the penguin incident.

I needed to get up. I needed to fight! Then I remembered, I had stored a ninja star in my shoe since Cake insisted I not bring a sword.

I discreetly reached for the bladed star with numb fingers and aimed for the queen's tiara.

Then, with a swift swing, her snowy crown was taken by the star, soaring through the candied window's sugared glass. She fell to the floor, having lost her magic.

I stood, grabbing the bottom of my dress. 'Sorry, Cake. But this has to be done.' And with that, I tore the front of the dress off.
'Now I'm ready to fight.'

I lunged foward at the Ice Queen, knocking her onto the frozen candy floor, and drew my fist up. But before I could land a blow, she brought one of her legs up and kicked my chest with such force that I was knocked off of her, falling over and groaning in pain. Stinging and swelling was all I could feel in an area so sensitive.

She stood over me now, letting out a "pfft" and a cackle.
I kickedmy foot out between her feet and brought it back, tripping her. That really wasn't my best move. Now she's on top of me!

Raising my fist, I managed to land one punch to her face. She grunted and slapped my already bruised cheek. Then she did it again, and again, and again. That rotten witch, she can't even fight properly.

Pushing her off of me, I rolled over and grabbed the object nearest to me. Which just so happened to be a chair. The queen was picking herself up, her back facing me.