Chapter 25: You're Not Alone

"Go away! Go away!" 

The shouting and yelling continued as everyone was running down the hall to where the sound was coming from. They all stopped and saw Rose and DMG standing near the laid out couch. Mysta was thrashing and screaming on Nightshade, who still had his wings wrapped around her tightly.

"Calm down. I'm here. You don't have to be scared." Nightshade said to his sister.

"Go away! I don't wanna go back! I don't wanna be alone again! Please, stop!" She yelled. Her eyes were locked shut, but tears began to flow out of them. Nightshade grabbed the back of his sister's head and pulled it into his chest, muffling her screaming. He leaned his head closely into her ear and began to whistle a very soft lullaby. The song was so calm and gentle, everyone felt so much more relaxed. This last for about 30 seconds, Mysta had stopped thrashing and was laying peacefully. Once Nightshade stopped, Mysta slowly opened her eyes.

"Nighty...Nighty!" She yelled. She wrapped her arms around his neck and started to cry. "It tried to take me back... Don't let him..." She pleaded, digging herself into her brother's chest. He started to stroke her hair and began to loosen his wings, before her arms shot out a grabbed them.

"Don't leave!" She yelled, wrapping herself back up.

"I'm not going anywhere...I'll stay right here with you, Mysta." He said, he felt her grip loosen up and he moved his wings into a more comfortable position around her.

"Thank you..." She said quietly, drifting back to sleep.

"Hell was that all about?" Jaden asked.

"She started having a nightmare, tossing and turning in her sleep. Then she started screaming and thrashing. That's when me and DMG woke up." Rose said. Syrus and DMG were already side by side as she and he talked quietly on the floor. 

Nightshade glanced over to Mysta. She was starting to groan and shuffle on his chest. He grabbed her hands and started to rub her palms in a methodical motion. A small smile crept onto her face and she started to coo from the feeling. 

"Rosey. Would you mind getting Albert to fix up dinner? I bey Mysta's gonna be hungry when she wakes up." Nightshade said. Rose nodded and started to walk off in another direction. Everyone else began to head back to the other room, except for Alexis. She walked over and laid down next to Nightshade.

"Hey..." She said.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"When you and Jaden were growing up together...did it ever feel like he was hiding something?"

"I knew all his secrets. Hell, I still know all his secrets." Nightshade replied. Alexis looked confused.

"How?"

"I'm a genius. And I have special physic powers...My mother taught me how to use psychokinesis and how to get into people's head, almost literally. I can walk around and poke at the information they have stored. Why do ask?"

"Jaden's hiding something again. At Duel Academy, he never got good grades and he always slacked off. But with all this talk of him being an amazing strategist...I doesn't make any scene..." Alexis began to get quieter as she continued to speak, her eyes well up, a little, with tears. "I doesn't make any scene *hick*. He promised he'd stop lying to me..."

Nightshade pulled Alexis head towards his chest. She curled up into his side.

"He's trying to protect you...These a lot of things that both the Light and Dark would love to get out of his head, mine as well. If they thought that anyone else knew...they'd hunt them down in a heart beat."