Chapter 8: Welcome

Nightshade was sleeping in the roof of the Slifer dorms, his hands behind his head as he dreamt. His sleep was disrupted as he heard helicopter blades whirling across the sky. His eyes opened slowly and he leaned up, still feeling groggy. He could recognize the symbol on the side, it was the Kaiba Corp. logo. "They're already here, it's only 1 am. They should've came in the morning." He thought to himself. He was about to head off to the the helipad to greet Kaiba and Yugi, but he went to check on Jaden, until he saw Alexis walk into his room.

Following Jaden's POV, sort of

Jaden was in a deep sleep, not noticing the sound of helicopter blades or his door opening. Alexis walked into the room, slowly closing the door behind her. She walked over to Jaden's bed, looking at his face. "He's so cute when he's sleeping..." she thought to herself. She quietly crawled over Jaden's body to lay down next him. She shuffled her body to get the covers onto her, and began to cuddle against Jaden's body. He groaned a little and turned his body so he was now facing Alexis, he was still asleep though. She smiled and gently kissed him on the lips, she then closed her eyes and went to sleep.

Now back to Nightshade

Nightshade followed the helicopter's path, needing to run through a vast portion of the forest. He finally saw the helicopter begin it's descent onto one of the helipads, he stood near by and waited for it to land. Both Kaiba and Yugi walked off the helicopter, being accompanied by Roland and Mokuba. 

"NIGHTSHADE!" Mokuba yelled as he jumped into Nightshade's arms. "Hey buddy, how've ya been?" He said smiling at the excited Mokuba in his arms.

"Good to see you again Nightshade." Yugi said, walking towards him holding a briefcase. "What's in the case?" Nightshade asked. Kaiba began walking towards Nightshade. "That's for tomorrow." He said grabbing taking Mokuba off Nightshade and going in for a hug himself.

"Why didn't you guys come in the morning?"

"Chancellor Shepard said it would be if we came at night, so all the students could have a surprise duel to watch in the morning." Yugi said, beginning to walk over towards Roland.

"Where are you guys gonna stay?"

"Shepard gave us some rooms in a the Obelisk Dorms." Kaiba responded. "And what are you doing up, it's late." He scolded.

"Helicopter woke me up, so I decided to come say hi."

Yugi began looking around then back to Nightshade. "Did you not bring Jaden along?"

"I was going to get him, but he was a little....busy." Nightshade said with a nervous look on his face.

"What with the look?" Kaiba asked. 

"It's nothing really. Jaden's just tired, I didn't want to wake him up." Nightshade said.

Yugi, Kaiba and Mokuba could all tell he was lying. "You don't have to lie Nighty." Mokuba said.

Nightshade sighed. "Fine... he's sleeping with Alexis." He said, with the most serous face he could make. Everyone stood wide eyed after hearing this. "I didn't take Jaden for that kind of guy." Yugi said. "Not sexually, Alexis walked into his dorm room and fell asleep in his bed." Nightshade explained. The others looked a lot less confused, they also caught on that he phrased it that way on purpose.

"Anyways..." Kaiba began. "We're going to head to our rooms." Everyone grabbed their stuff and Nightshade walked over to Yugi. "Do you guys need help carrying this stuff?" he asked. "Were fine. You go back to bed." Yugi said. Nightshade nodded and ran back through the forest. 

Yugi, Kaiba, Roland and Mokuba began walking towards their rooms. Mokuba looked up at Kaiba. "Do you think you can beat Nightshade this time?" 

Kaiba grunted. "Of course, that last time he won with pure luck."