Chapter 20: To Domino City

It took around 20 minutes, but everyone was back by the dock getting ready to board the incoming boat. Everyone had a suitcase or some bags to bring with them. Zane and Aster were the only ones to stay behind, deciding they could help the protect the island if something goes wrong. Mecha was also staying behind with Yugi, Kaiba and Mokuba. He was going to help out with teaching the student much more advanced dueling techniques and strategies.

"They all need to be ready" Jaden thought to himself. "That includes you guys." This thought was direct towards Yubel and Neos, who promptly appeared in a physical form beside him.

"We'll be just fine." Yubel said. "Just make sure everyone knows what to do. None of them have dueled like this before..."

"Yeah. You have to keep them safe." Neos said. "Make sure to teach them energy regulation."

"In as little time as 3 weeks! It took me 2 months to even get a slight control over it."

"Don't stress too much. You'll have Nightshade and everyone else from Neo Space to help." Yubel said.

"Let's hope it's enough." Jaden said. "Are you guys gonna stay like this for a while."

"Probably, it's a 2 day long boat ride. Might as well stretch for a while." Yubel said.

"Alright, just don't try to scare anyone." With that he got on the boat. He glanced around the deck to make sure everyone was there.

"Alright! Let's move!" He yelled, and with that, the boat set out to sail. 

Everyone was gathered on the main deck, the ship was about the size of a small cruise liner. Alexis walked over to Jaden.

"Hi Jay."

"Hey."

"Why are we going to Domino City?" She asked. She wrapped her arms around his and leaned into his side. He smiled.

"I have to get you all ready."

"For what?"

"For the Light."

"Like the Society." Alexis said. He voice got a little shaky as she remembered the things she did under its control.

"Yeah...like the Society."

"Jaden..." She said. Jaden could hear her getting ready to cry. He quickly wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his chest. "I don't wanna be like that again..." She said, beginning to sob into his chest. He gently stroked her hair and decided to let her get out some of her emotions. After a few minutes, he look down at her.

"It's okay. It's okay." He began. "I'll never let them hurt you... Never."

Nightshade and Rose landed on the deck. Rose being carried in Nightshade's arms.

"Hey Jay..." He said, gasping for breath.

Jaden and Alexis looked up, both Nightshade and Rose had dirt on their clothes and Nightshade's shirt and chest were covered in shallow knife cuts. 

"What happened?" Jaden said as he let go of Alexis and ran over to Nightshade.

"There are camps set up around the island, each one on an energy platform. There preparing for this fight too." Nightshade explained. "Dawn, Dusk and Rose are on their way to Domino City. None of them got hurt, but I needed to land." He fluttered his wings, showing how tattered and torn they had become.

"How did they do this?"

"We needed a diverse to draw attention away from Dusk and Dawn. They were able to get a copy of the plans, but Rose and myself bite off more than we could chew."