Chapter 3: Enter the Mysterious Warrior, Nightshade

The bell for first period classes had just rang, with the sound of footsteps filling the hallways. Alexis, Syrus, Zane, Atticus, Jesse, Jim, Axel, Bastion, Hassleberry, Chazz, Blair, Jamsine, Mindy and Aster began to walled towards Doctor Crowler's class. Zane and Aster stayed on the island per Seto Kaiba's request, asking the 2 to help guard the island for a weeks time. 

Everyone took a seat in the room, waiting for the lecture to start. Since Zane and Aster weren't students they just stood in the back, leaning up against the walls. 

Everyone thought it was odd that Jaden still hasn't shown his face in class, they knew he slept in a lot. But he should've at least tried for the first day back at Duel Academy since the Dark World incident. 

"Hey Syrus" Hasselberry whishered.

"Yeah Hasselberry?"

"Where's the sarge?"

"I don't know, I haven't seen him in a few days."

Everyone started to murmur quietly, about how no one had seen Jaden out of his rom ,let alone see him at all. Alexis decided to stay out of this discussion and kept jotting down random word she heard come out of Crowler's mouth. 

The gang was all getting concerned, so they sent Zane and Aster to check in Jaden's dorm, they both nodded and left the classroom. 

Alexis looked up and watched the 2 of them leave the classroom, she stood up and ran out after them, leaving everyone confused.

I have to find Jaden. She thought to herself. I can't think straight, I can't focus, I need answers and I hope Jaden has a lot of 'em. She quickly ran by the Medical Center until she caught a glimpse of Jaden's red slifer blazer. She stopped in the hallway, not moving, fearing what could've happened to him.

She gulped and walked back to the Medical Bay, poking her head around the corner to look inside. She let out a sigh of relief a she saw Jaden sleeping in one of the chairs. Wow... Alexis thought. He looks so cute when he's sleeping... No, bad mind, stop thinking about... I need answers. She went to smack him gently on his chest to try and wake him up. Once her hand made contact with Jaden's chest, he grunted softly and shifted in his seat. 

Alexis cracked a small grin and giggled, but she quickly focused back on try to wake up Jaden. This time she was about to shove him, but she hesitated and decided to stop. She pulled up a chair and sat next to Jaden and began to stroke his hair gently, making him purr softly. She continued to do this until she saw the body laying on the bed.

He was a boy, no taller than Jaden, with pitch black hair containing light blue highlights, and he had a light tan. His body was built to similar to Axel, but his arms and legs weren't as big. He was wearing a torn dark blue t-shirt, and loose black cargo pants. The figure slowly began to open his eyes, revealing his left eye, colored a light neon blue, and his right, colored a dark, yet bright, purple. 

He moaned as he began to stretch his arms out, but quickly withdrew them as his face twisted in pain. 

"Are you alright?" Alexis asked with a look of concern and confusion on her face. 

"I'm fine" The boy said, obviously trying to hide the pain he was in. He looked at Alexis "What's your name?"

"I'm Alexis, Alexis Rhodes. And you are?"

The boy sat himself up slowly. "I'm Nightshade, you can just call me Night. Pleasure to meet you." He went to extend his arm, but he still felt a tight pain whenever he tried to move. "Quick question." Nightshade stated as Alexis cocked her head to the side. "Are you Jaden's girlfriend?" Alexis looked surprised when he asked this.