Chapter 4: A Vicious New Deck

Alexis had left the Medical Center and began the walk back to class. She didn't realize how long she was in there, class ended in the next 10 minutes. Deciding it wasn't worth it to go back to class, she just waited outside until Zane and Aster came running back.

"Hey Alexis" Zane said as he ran towards her. "What are you doing out her?"

She looked at Zane and shrugged. "Crowler's lesson was getting boring, I just needed some air."

Aster just walked past her to tell everyone they couldn't Jaden, but Zane stayed outside with Alexis.

"What's wrong Alexis?"

"N..Nothing. Why are you asking?"

"I can see your upset, your eye and nose are a little red."

Alexis quickly looked away fro Zane's gaze, but she knew this wasn't going to do anything. She took a breath and looked at Zane. "Jaden's been acting different."

"How would you know?" Zane replied, confused. 

"I saw him in the Medical Bay. That's where I went when you guys left to look for him."

Suprisingly, she Zane get a worried look in his eyes. "Is Jaden alright Alexis?"

"He's fine, there was someone else in there he was sitting with."

"Who was it?"

"He said his name was Nightshade. He told why Jaden was acting so weird. Saying how he was trying to distance himself from us because of something that happened in Neo Space..."

Zane could see Alexis was starting to get upset, he quickly went into to give her a hug. Alexis was surprised, but the warmth of this embrace made her feel safe, something she wish she could feel around Jaden. She buried her face in Zane's chest and began to cry. They stood together until the bell rang, the hallways beginning to fill with students, some ignored her, but others stopped and murmured among themselves. When the gang left Crolwer's class, they saw Alexis and Zane and ran over, trying to consul Alexis.

"What's wrong Alexis?" Syrus asked.

"Yeah. Everything alright?" Jesse exclaimed

"DO I LOOK OKAY!" Alexis yelled. Jesse and Syrus quickly jumped back, suprised by Alexis's outburst. Atticus ran over to his little sister and tried to calm her down. Everyone just stood there quietly, until Hasselberry saw something out the window.

"Hey guys." Hasselberry said

Jesse walked over to where he was standing. "What's up Hasselberry?" Hasselberry pointed out the window to where Jaden was standing, in front of him was another boy. Both of them had their duel disks on a ready go.

"HEY EVERYONE!" Jesse yelled. "Jaden's outside!" Everyone quickly ran to the window, even Alexis got out of Atticus's arms to see. "If he's out there then what are waiting for!" Syrus yelled. "Let's go see him!" Everyone quickly ran down to the front of the building, except Chazz, who had to be dragged along by Blair. 

It took a minute, but it seems everyone showed up right before the duel started. 

Syrus's eyes lite up as he saw Jaden, he was so happy he started tearing up. He quickly ran over to Jaden, and went to tackle him into a hug. 

"JADEN!" Syrus yelled as he jumped at him. Jaden looked right at Syrus and quickly stepped out of the way, letting Syrus fall to the ground. Syrus groaned and stood up, confused from what just happened. He gasped and quickly ran back to the group once he saw Jaden's eyes, they were a dark shade of crimson red. Jaden looked back to see all of his friends shocked from what they saw. Jaden quickly shook his head and looked away from everyone, stopping to stare at Alexis, he wanted to say something, but decided now was a terrible time.