it all started with a bet... typical

Silence and awkwardness was smothered so thick that everybody were staring at each other. Derek standing there with his arms crossed staring at me. While Ryan face expression was hard and jae clenched. I knew his stance  was in protective mode. I was just carefully eyeing both of them. Watching to see if there going to starf domething but part of me is still hurt to see him here. In my house.

Ryan is a officer he can arrest him but hes only waiting til i give him the green light.

Its been silent for nearly five minutes. My guess there waiting til someone starts talking.

I guess by the look of Ryan hes hoing to start. "What are you doing here?" He asked him coldly.

Derek just kept staring at me til his eyes slowly turned and looked at Ryan. His face pure of loathing Ed hen he looked at him. Was it because he heard what i said? If he did why was he even eavesdropping? He should know better. Plus, he deserved it.

"Isn't it obvious im here to talk to Annabelle." The way he said it was weird with a mixture of hate and pain. The only thing his voice seemed soft on the way he said my name. Like he missed me?

I finally took his appearance and let me tell you. Its not pretty at all. His hair is disheveled, he had bags under his eyes like he didnt sleep good in days. Part of me wanted to tell him to sleep and rest on the couch but the other part reminded me why im mad at him. He hurt me but i believe its time for me to find closure and just confront it. Its gime for me to hear Dereks side maybe he has a good explanation why he did what he did to me? Why he would say those things?

When i decided to answer Derek. I saw Ryan standing up to challenge him and kick him out. I stood up and took hold of his hand. Ryan immediately yook notice of our touch and looked at me. His expression was immediately turned soft. I only gave him a small nod letting him know i got this. He knew that ill talk to him but also hes going to respect my wishes.

He stared back at Derek gave him one nasty look and walked away. Derek eyes followed Ryans movements just when he disappeared. His eyes slowly landed on me. His facade turned slowly back to himself. He looked in pain and sadness in his expression.

"Annabelle, look i know you dont nothing to do with me but you need to listen but better yet you need to hear my side of the story." I bit my lip.

I only gave him a surely nod.

"Anne im so sorry that i said those things i was stupid and arrogant. I wasnf appreciative what i had. Til after year of the fire i started to realize that i lost not only a friend but the person i love. Things went out of hand especially my ego. I heard the rumors everybody was saying about you and i. Yea i would cut those rumors. Til my buddies placed a bet obviously a teenage werewolf boy would take it into a challenge. I had to accept it since Charlie wantes to bet for himself that he could take your virginity. When he said that my blood boiled. The only thing that popped out of my mind was me saying ill do it. Since you trust me it will be easy that ill just take my time let you think i dumped Kate and confess oh my undying love for you. Of course the guys accepted but i thought they wouldnt tell Kate of the bet til she heard it from Charlie. Obviously i told her and she went along with it and acknowledged the bet. If you noticed Anne i never succeeded with the bet i kept stalling obviously my sister found out and she told me to tdll you but i never did. I knew youll be ashamed of me and ill lose you. Im sorry for everything Anne. Please forgive me." I see how hurt he was. I knew he didnt like hurting me in anyway. I know its a bit too late but deep down i still love him. The only thing my body did out of response i ran to him and hugged him. He started to hold me back. I felt his tears hit my cheek. "Forgive you Derek." I only whispered. I looked at him and tip toed and kissed his cheek softly."But give me some space and i might back around. Okay. We can only be friends. You should leave and go to sleep." I smiled. He only nodded and walked off. I knew he looked different. I knew would thank the up above that he got one last chance to be around me. I know he will cherish it.

Now what to do with Ryan?