Lovefool

Annabelles Pov:

Thankfully its Winters Break but that doesnt mean Derek would give up. Once i was released Ryan drove me home accompanied by my sister and my cousin.

For the past week and a half Derek would come over. Ryan and Hayley would tell Derek to leave me alone. Im thankful enough that there doing this for me.

Just because i felt sort of safe and in peace at my home doesnt mean i am. The only thing that scares me us when i close my eyes and go to sleep. The horrible nightmaresi have been having now there nobody would save me.

Hayley or Ryan would take turns to calm me down when i do i felt like i was,a newborn baby crying for my bottle.

I felt bad when i noticed how its taken a toll on Hayley and Ryan thats why i need to make it stop.

I came down stairs to eat what Ryan made which were waffles with hashbrowns and scrambled eggs.

We began eating and there was nothing but silence. Just the sound of clicking forks hitting the plates.

"I was thinking." I finally cut the silence.

"Oh that doesnt sound good."  Hayley joked while starting to drink her orange juice.

I looked at her and smiled.

"i was thinking Hayley why won't you sleep over Scotts house while Ryan and i hang out." I looked at Ryan and noticed his stare. Shock was written all over his face. I knew how much it will mean to him especially the history we had in the past.

Hes done so much for me that i never credited him for. He deserved it.

"Are you serious?" He muffled. I nodded. Hayley looked between us trying to figure out something that was missing.

"Its agreed then, you go sleep over at Scotts and do some christmas shopping, while Ryan and i start getting to know each other." I smiled at both of them.

"Fine, ill start leaving since i left some clothes there that i forgot to pack since,we moved."

She got up and left quickly. Shes a bit odd that little girl.

It felt awkward now the only thing that was making noise,was the bird chirping out side and the tapping Ryan made with his coffee mug.

"So how,are you handling your new,job?" I asked him.

"Its well. Cant complain. Sheriff has been asking for help to solve a few murders. Which was easy with my wolfy and hunter skills i gotta say i might take Marks job soon." He gave a mischievous grin. I only shook my head out of disbelief.

"Thats cheating in a way. If u didnt have those abilities you wouldnt be a Sheriff. You'll probably be a redneck living in a swamp." I laughed. Ryan laughed with me and shook his head. We started to quiet down of our laughing til I felt Ryans eyes fixated on me.

"Anne do you remember the promise you made me?" He asked me out of nowhere.

I looked at him confused. "Which one i made alot of promises to you? Like i promised if we ever get pet dog we will name him Einstein. Or if we ever loose interest of each other to let you know. " i wanted to go on. Til i saw Ryans smile grew bigger. I know hes glad i havent forgotten the promises even if they were silly.

"No not those i meant, the one that you pronised me a tour around Beacon Hills." He responded.

I know he saw my face drop. He knew most of those places ive been was memories of my best friend and the dude that i cant say his name for hung out.

"Anne you need to be strong okay. I know the Anne that i know wouldnt let this affect her. I know you had feelings for Derek. I mean don't get me wrong i kniw the pain because-" he paused. Closing his eyes i guess its,hard for him to say.

"Because why?" Encouraging him to go on.

"Because i know when you the person you love and you see she still loves another it hurts. I mean i still live Anne but i cant force you. I mean im happy that your safe and alive. I know im not like Derek but i can make you feel protected, well cared for, and loved." He revealed to me.

Maybe there has to be a change. Maybe that was a new path i should go to. Wait, am i doing this because im hurt? Yea i think it is.

I sighed and looked at my plate.

millions of thoughts are pouring in my brain. Alot of emotions are swarming inside me.

"Ryan iiii-" i was about to say ut til the door swung open.

"Well... Well... Well.."