*Chapter Twenty Five*

It had been two weeks. Two whole freaking weeks, since Carl and I kissed for the third time.

Within those weeks, Kate and I got closer to April. Sure she kept acting all weird and we believed she had a lot more secrets to her, she was also bullied a few times, but lied to us.

How I know?, Sometimes she'd come to class all messy and bruised up, sometimes we'd notice the Magnets exit the toilet, or an empty classroom, and she soon after, looking like her total opposite.

Dull.

She was already becoming someone close and dear to me, and I didn't like how she would shy away form telling us the truth.

But......during those two weeks.....

Carl and I.....never spoke. Sure, this time we didn't avoid each other, we just....never talked to....each other.

Things grew weirder and a lot more uncomfortable between the both of us. And Mom started to notice. Because at times I cried, or had no appetite, or even couldn't sleep.

It was because I missed him dearly.

I realised three things during those awkward moments.

One, I needed Carl to smile more often. I needed him....to feel that warmth I always felt when he was close.

Two, I missed him dearly. I couldn't stay...a day without him on my mind. I missed his smile, his dimples, his voice, his warmth..... him.

And three, I found it hard to believe at first. And it scared the sh*t out of me. But everything I felt, up until now....proved it.

It wasn't just some stupid crush, I really....really....really a hundred times liked him.

And I call it love.

And after the kiss, and signs, I was beginning to believe that Carl felt the same way.

Yet.....there was this doubt...that stopped me from walking up to him, and telling him straight to his face.

I love you!

Heaven knows I couldn't.

"Alex!", Kate's voice snapped me back to reality and I noticed both she and April staring at me.

"Are you okay?", She asked and April kept staring at me. I nodded and gave a little smile before it immediately faded.

"No....", I croaked out.

They both stared at me and Kate slowly patted my shoulder.

"Why can't you just confess your feelings to him?", I shook my head as I felt my eyes sting.

"I want to......", I croaked before resting my head on the table. "But I just can't!. I....I think he likes me....but...I...I just sometimes imagine actually telling him and then being blown off", I could feel the tears threatening to fall down my cheeks and I wiped them.

"Maybe he's going through the same thing....I mean....Tony mentioned he's been distant", she said, trying to cheer me up, but instead got no where.

Because my chest was still hurting. I heard a chair screech on the cafeteria tiles and rose my head to see April walk out and Kate sighed.

"If you keep acting like this....you might end up sick before the end term exams....and then Christmas.....", she trailed off when I looked up at her.

"Christmas?", I croaked.

"Yes Alex. Christmas. In four weeks", I blinked in shock. It was already December?

Carl had been with us for four months now. It put a smile on my face.