|Chapter Twelve|

"Okay you've been staring at the both of us and it's getting uncomfortable", I said, feeling uncomfortable under her suspicious gaze.

"Are you two okay?", She asked and Carl and I looked at ourselves and back at her. "Yeah....", Carl dragged confusingly.

"Um...why do you ask?", I raised a brow at her and she shrugged. "You both haven't barked at each other since this morning.", I paused.

We didn't?

Carl and I looked at ourselves again and I remembered what happened the last night.

Carl's face turned red and we both looked away.

Yeah. Even if it was just a hug. We shared a moment.

"Okay now you've become even more suspicious", mom said.

"We're just tired I guess", I lied and Carl nodded immediately.

"Ooo that smells delicious", Dad said as he walked past us and gave mom a kiss before sitting by her and opposite me.

"Morning Dad"
"Morning Mr. Daniel", Carl and I both greeted at the same time.

"Morning", Dad replied with a smile. He immediately dug into the plate of fried eggs and bacon.

"Don't you have something to tell them?", Dad paused, then continued to chew till he swallowed. "Um...yes.", he said and cleared his throat.

"Um...", he started before wiping his beards with a small hanky. "I want the both of you to take Friday off".

"Wait....what?, Why?", I rushed out. "Well.....", he smiled. "Remember the hotel I was working on last year Sweetie?", He asked and I nodded.

Dad told mom and I about his plan of building a hotel on an island. He talked about how much money he'd earn, I mean, it was big money.

"Well. We're going on a weekend vacation, to my island hotel", he smiled and I stared at him in awe.

"Dad that's amazing!!!!!!!!", I screamed and he chuckled. "Thank you", he replied.

"Congratulations Mr. Daniel. Nothing less than amazing comes from you", Carl said, earning a laugh form Dad who smirked. "Thank you Carl".

Mom smiled at Dad and gave him a little kiss in return.

"Also....", Dad started, "Do you both want a plus one?", I squealed in excitement and screamed a yes, all the while bouncing up and down my chair while Carl laughed his ass out at me.

But I didn't care.

We're going on a vacation!!!!

^°^°^°^°^°^°^

"You know, your mom was right", I turned to Carl with raised brows as he drove. "About what?"

"I didn't tease you this morning. And that's like my goal on earth.", I rolled my eyes. "Haha ha", I joked.

"Don't go anywhere without telling me.", I snapped my head towards him. "Why?", He stayed silent and that's when I understood what he meant.

"He won't touch me Carl", I assured and he shook his head. "Just don't okay?", His voice was soft, and he did sound worried.

"Okay", I replied and he smiled at me.

He's worried about me.

But is it because I'm his friend....

Or there's another reason behind it...?

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•