#Chapter Twenty#

"Um......hi....", I croaked.

"Hi", he replied softly. He sounds so tired.

"Um.....you know what....we can talk later-"

"Sugar...", he cut me off.

Sugar.......

"It's okay.....", he assured and I gulped.
"Um....I want to apologise for.....um....um....well I want to apologise.....", I watched as his lips curved into a small smile.

"It's okay. I avoided you too. So I'm at fault", he shrugged.
"Oh....", I trailed off. "So.....we're....okay?......", I asked and watched as he walked closer to me.

"I don't know Alex.......are we?", His blue eyes stared into mine. As if trying to figure out what was going on in it.

I didn't care. I just wanted to stay like that for the rest of the night. "W-w-w-w-what d-do you mean?", I stuttered after his question finally hit my brain.

"As if the last time wasn't enough.....now.....", he trailed off with a sigh. "I can't get you off my mind", he whispered as his eyes searched mine.

I couldn't believe what I heard. His eyes held so much emotions in them.

He gave a small smile and gently stroked my cheek. "Good night Sugar. I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early", he said before walking up to his room.

I stood there shocked, Perplexed, surprised, whatever word you call it. I was beyond flushed now.

Whatever that meant. It made my heart beat a lot faster than it did when I was scared, shocked or nervous.

Carl Ashton, how the hell am I supposed to stop thinking of you, after what you shut said?

This surely has surpassed a simple crush.

I didn't just 'like' him. But I was scared of even mentioning the 'L' word.

Because even after what he said.....how was I sure they weren't just that.

Words.

***********************

"Hey! Hey.....Alex.....Sugar......wake up"
I opened my eyes to meet a pair of blue ones.

And I paused.

I blinked.

Blinked again.

Blinked again.

And I jolted up from my bed.

"Carl?", I breathed out and he smiled. "Yeah. It's time for break-", I cut him off when I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You're talking to me!", His body stiffened and soon he hugged me back. "Yes I am sugar", he replied.

"I can't get you off my mind"

His words echoed in my head and my stomach fluttered.

"It's time for breakfast sugar. I'll take you to school, but I have to go back to work"

I pulled out and rose a brow at him. "Looks like it's getting g busier huh?", He smile and nodded.

"I might be back before lunch break. Or not.", He shrugged at the last statement and I nodded.

"I'll be down stairs at the dining room", he informed before he stood up and left.

I immediately ran into the bathroom, humming all the way, while I bathed, while I dried myself up and while I dressed up. I hummed.

Carl's talking to me!

"I can't get you off my mind"

His words for the second time, echoed in my head and i felt my knees most give up.

This boy will be the death of me.

But I'll die smiling.

I giggled out loud and out on my light makeup, then ran down stairs to the dining room.

"Morning mom!!!", I chirped and sat by Carl. "Well you two look less grumpy", she teased and I giggled.

"It's good to see that", she added before placing our breakfast on our table.

"How's work Carl?",Mom asked while she sat down opposite us with her own plate of toasts.

"It's okay. Tough...but okay. I'm thinking of adding leather to the market."

"Leather?, You'll buy?", She asked again and he shook his head.

"I'm planning on making it, and selling it", I rose a brow. "Don't tell me you're planning on murdering innocent Snakes".

"And Crocodiles too", he added with a smirk and I gasped dramatically.

Mom giggled. "Well that sounds like a lot of trouble...but there's money involved", she shrugged.

"Um.....we better get going now", Carl informed, his eyes fixed on his watch and I notice his sleeves folded up.

And his arms!!!

"Oh...sure. Have a nice day"
Mom yelled as Carl and I rushed out of the house.

***********

"Have a nice day at work", I smiled and he smiled back. "I'll try"

"I'll see you when I get back?", I smiled and nodded. "Definitely".

I watched him drive off and remained there till his car was out of sight.

I was already missing him.

And that scared me.

"I can't get you off my mind"

What did he mean by that?

Was all I kept asking.

********************

"You like Carl?!!!", April squealed with Kate by her side, shooting me an apologetic look and I gulped.

Well shit just happened.

{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}{•}

Sorry for the short chapter!!!!

I'm so so so so sorry!!

But I'm feeling kinda lazy today

But I'm so excited to find out what happens next!

Thanks a lot for reading and please don't forget to vote and comment!!

Thanks.

-snakeybb.