#Chapter Nineteen#

"And then....she smirked at me!", I shrieked, earning a dramatic gasp from Kate. "Who the hell is she?"

"If I knew, would I be freaking out?!!", I yelled back and she held her hands up in surrender. "Yikes, sorry", she shrugged and I sighed.

"The worse thing being that she's so pretty!, I mean....what if she turns my life to a living hell?! Or bullies me! Or worse! Turns me to a geek!!", I shrieked again and looked at Kate who had a blank expression on her face.

"Yeah, okay. Now you're just being paranoid", she rolled her eyes.

"Hi", we both shot our heads up towards the voice and I almost choked on my spit. "Can I sit here?", She asked with a soft smile and Kate and I looked at each other, then back at her.

"S-sure", I replied and her face lit uo before she sat down. "It's nice to finally meet you two", she said before looking at Kate. "Your name?", Kate glanced over at me and looked back at her.

"It's Kate", she replied hesitantly and April smiled. "I'm April.", She introduced before looking at me.

"I've been dying to meet you, Alex", she smiled.

"How did you....", I trailed off, staring at her and she shrugged. "I heard about what happened. So I chose this school instead"

"What do you mean?", Kate asked as we both looked at her surprised. "My step brother got expelled from this school, that's why I chose it"

"And.....", I trailed off and gulped before continuing, "who...is your step brother?" , I asked shakily and earned a smirk from her.

"Zeke. Zeke West", she replied and my whole world paused.

April West.....

Her name shot through my head Like a bullet and suddenly I couldn't breathe. "Wh....what?", I breathed out and she held my hand.

"Look.....don't freak out. I'm not here to make your life a living hell, or make you a geek..", she giggled.

She was eavesdropping!!

"To be honest i was curious about you.....and the guy who beat him up."

"Why would you be...?", Kate asked.

"Because I hate that  son of a bitch", she snapped, causing Kate and I to move back a little.

"So.......", she trailed off, looking between Kate and i. "Where's he?", She asked.

"Where's....who?", I croaked out and she smiled.

"Your Prince in shiny armor. You know, he's the one who beat up the guy who tried to rape you"

Gee thanks for the recap.

"Um....I don't know....", I replied shakily and her smile faded as she pouted her full jungle red lips. "Well that's too bad. I wanted to meet him", she sighed.

"Well i guess I'll have to wait", she added with another sigh.

"Shoot!", Kate hissed as she looked down at her phone. "I am so sorry. I have a class and it started like....five minutes before now", she stood up and shot me an apologetic look before rushing out of the cafeteria.

Alone with the witch??

"And then there were two", she announced dramatically with a smirk and I gulped.

"I get why  you're scared of me Alex. But still, I'm not him. Plus I'm just here to make sure we become good friends.", She smiled and paused as if thinking.

"I'll tell you what. How about you, Kate and I meet after school. There's this Ice cream place nearby and they have the best flavours. We can talk more there."