•Chapter Ten•

"And who are you?", Zeke scoffed as he glared at Carl. "Her date", Carl replied with a forced smile.

Zeke looked back and forth at the both of us and scoffed. "Yeah right", he muttered before waking away.

I breathed out a sigh of relief and rubbed my temple. For some reason, I didn't like that Zeke. Not one bit.

"That jerk came by our table at the cafeteria yesterday", I sighed again and nodded. "You alright?", He asked as he held up my arm and checked for bruises. "Yeah I'm fine", I reassured with a smile.

"I should stay here with you instead", he said and I shook my head. "No, it's fine."

"It's not. That jerk is still in this party. And I'm worried that someone might die", I chuckled. "He won't kill me Carl", I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I know sugar. I'll be the one to kill him.", I burst into laughter at this and clutched into my stomach.

"And she's laughing", he sighed while I continued to laugh my heart out. "Why are you laughing?!", I shook my head and sighed once I was sure that I was done.

"Sorry....", I sighed. "You're just funny", I added with a giggle and he laughed.

"Well I love hearing you laugh"

Hold up.....

Rewind!!!

"I love hearing you laugh"

I stared at him, more likely in shock at his words as they sunk deep into my head, and then my heart. I could feel it beating and threatening to explode as he looked down at me with his dimpled smile.

And just in that moment, the music changed, as my favorite song filled the room. I loved it, not only because it held so much emotion, but because it was a song by Selena Gomez.

A smile graced my lips as I listened to what felt like my heart being poured out.

I felt tingles run through my hand and looked down at Carl's fingers intertwined in mine.

"Carl.....?", I trailed off and gave him a questioning look. "Let's dance", he said and I shook my head vehemently.

"No no no no", I blurted. "Common Sugar. One dance won't hurt", he persuaded with his adorable smile as he slowly Led me to the middle of the hall.

"I'll step on you", I said, and he chuckled. "I'll bear it", was all he said as he pulled me closer, held my hand and gently placed his hand on my waist.

Our position was dangerous. You know why?. Because I could feel my heart hammering against my chest, threatening to explode and screaming "Alex let me out!!!"

I rested my head on his chest and inhaled his scent. As creepy as it sounds, I didn't care. He was right there, and I was in his arms.

We moved in rhythm to the song and I found myself drifting slowly into sleep. Which was weird, considering i was standing, and dancing. We stayed that way for some time, even till the song was changed, and yet didn't move.

"Are you tired?", His soft voice whispered in my ears and I nodded. "Shall we leave for the balcony?", He asked and I nodded again.

I felt my body turn cold as he pulled out and looked around. "Let's go", he said grabbing my hand and started to move with me by his side.

My hand felt warm and tingly. I wanted my body to feel that way too.

After a little while, we reached the balcony. The music sounded so faint behind the background as we sat on the chairs and stared up at the night sky.

The stars that lightened up the sky, for some reason, felt so magical as it shone down on us.

"Beautiful", Carl breathed out as he stared at the diamonds in the sky.

"Yeah", I said with a smile.

All the while not taking my eyes off Carl. Indeed, the stars weren't the only thing that caught me that moment.

There was something else. Something I even considered brighter than what twinkled above us.

"I remember watching the stars with you when we were little", I raised a brow at him.

We did?

"I hid your favorite dress up doll. And asked that you watch the stars with me in exchange for it", he smiled before continuing.

"You ended up asking we stay there for a few more minutes. And slept off."

I laughed as the memory came rushing through my head.

"You really were the trouble maker then huh", I smirked and he laughed.

"Oh common I was nine", he shrugged.

I sighed and looked back at the sky. "They really are beautiful", I agreed as I stared at the little stars glow in the night sky.

"You have no idea", he replied almost in a whisper and when I turned to look at him, his eyes were already focused on me.

For some reason, it felt like those words weren't for the stars. We stayed like that, we didn't blink, neither did we move.

A week and three days. That was how long Carl had stayed with us since he moved here. Yet......

Yet.....

Within that period of time....

He had already affected me.

His words.

His touch.

His smile.

His presence.

I may have thought I was sure of my answer....

I thought I was so sure then, that I had feelings for Carl.

But tonight made me realise...

That it was bloody true.

I had never been so sure of anything in my life.

I did have feelings for Carl. And I planned on letting those feelings stay. I was going to find out how he felt for me.

And that was a promise I made to myself in that moment of staring back into his eyes.

|°|°|°|°|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|°|°|°|°|

And that will be all for now Peep's!
The song played at the dinner was 'A year without rain' by Selena Gomez.

Anyways,
Still thinking about the rest of the chapters.

But I hope you all liked this one as much as I did.

Thanks!

-Snakeybb.