New RoadS! Chapitre 1

Start from the beginning

"Okay"

" My online character is called Jeremy, like me, i also kept the same physical apearance and shape. i shoosed the Human race, male obviously."

"Wait, did you say race?"

"Yes, i know that everyone was expecting something similar to The Path but this new game couldn't be more different. When you connect for the first time you have to decide your race, physical shape and appearance, including your facials. Then you have to choose a starting place. As Beta testers we only had two choises but i was told that there would be more at the official lunch."

"Wait a mine, you're going too fast! Tell us about the races!"

"Fine, fine. There is the Human race which allows you to start in the kingdom of Braeen in the East and the one of Shelfir in the south. then there is the Beastmen and Elven races..."

"So its a Fantasy based universe!"

"Haha, yes it is!"

"Okay, thats the first real news so far! you heard it people, RetroGame's new baby is a fantasy world! Tell us Jeremy, is there magic, and mystical beasts too?"

" Yes there is. i once faught against a genuine Dragon."

"Really how was it?"

"Trusfully i died after 2 minutes without even landing a hit! it was so frustraiting and terrifying!"

" Sounds like the game is difficult!"

"It is! I don't remember how many times i died! And then there is the Death Penalty too."

"What is it?"

"Everytime you die you respawn back at the last Temporary Base you selected. It can be a safe area like a city or town or a caban in the middle of hostile woods. Its practical if you want to grind, you set it up close to your hunting area or a healing place and you're set for days! "

" I can see the advantages."

"You won't be able to reconect for a whole ingame day through. it helps avoiding camping red players but you always feel frustrated while waiting."

As the host was exchanging plaisantries about red players and untimely character death, i was thinking of this death penalty, up to now it appeared as if the Base and unconnection system were set up to permit the players to rethink their strategy and come back with full health in the battle.

All in all nothing to call it a penalty. this had also crossed my sisters mind as she said

"Doen't sound so bad to me. where's the trick?"

As if he had heard her the guest Jeremy started talking again.

" What is trully anoying about death is the stats. when you die you loose a stat in your primery caracteristics."

"Which are?"

"Well strength, toughness, dexterity, speed, vitality and inteligence. sometimes other stats gets lowered too, like honor, dignity, or luck. depends on the circonstences of your death."

"Is it permanent?"

"That's where the trick is. You have to regain them by killing a numerous number of mobs but if you level up before you do they are gone forever. i knew a few guys who didn't know it and now have ten level worth of stats less than their own levels."

"Wow"

"I know right! Its already hard enough to level after the fiftith level now you also have to keep your stats. thanfully their is the job change."