Chapter 40

Mia

I sat in the waiting room and stared at the notice board in front of me. It has leaflets and poster's about pregnancy and what to expect I glanced at them for a while. I checked my watch and it was 2:45pm so he still had 15 minutes to make it to the appointment. I felt awful about not telling him, and I have to include him in as much of this as I could.  I wasn't sure how it was going to work when I got back home, but I was making a effort now. 

The chairs were so uncomfortable, my bum felt numb and I couldn't sit properly. I started to move around so I could grab my phone out of my bag. I checked but there was nothing and it was now 2:50pm. I thought about texting but quickly changed my mind, he knew about the appointment he will be here. 

After waiting another 10 minutes there was still no sign of him, I could feel the disappointment building up inside. 

"Mia?" the nurse called 

I stood up and waddled my way over into the room.

"By yourself today" she asked as she scanned through my notes

"I guess so" I sigh 

"We can wait a little bit longer if you like" she asked

"No.. its ok"

"The doctor will be in shortly" 

She smiled and left the room. I took my phone out again and checked my messages, but nothing. I started to text furiously and then the doctor walked in

"Mia, I'm Doctor Knight I will be doing the scan for you today so hows things"

"Fine, everything good kicking alot"

"Thats great! so are we finding out the sex of the baby today"

I hesitated, I thought Alex would be here and we would find out together but it seems I'm doing it alone. 

"How about I write it down and put it in a envelope and you can read it later"

I nodded, he placed the cold gel on my belly and I jumped at first. I stared at the screen in front of me watching and waiting. 

"Now here we go, there. Thats the head, the feet, the arms and the heart" 

I stared in complete awe my little bundle of joy in the screen in front of me, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. He clicked a few buttons to take pictures and moved the scope around some more. 

"Ok I'm going to write this down and give you the envelope along with some pictures and a video for you to take home" 

I sat up and began to pull my top down, I took the envelope and pictures from him

"Thank you, thank you so much" 

I made my way to the car still staring at the pictures in my hands. Kourtney  spotted me and jumped out of the car and ran over towards me 

"Well is it a girl or a boy wait.... let me guess its a girl isn't it" She jumped up and down

"He didn't come" they were the only words I could get out of my mouth

"What.. you did tell him didn't you" 

I nodded and could feel my eyes start to tear up 

"Oh Mia, I'm sure he has a reason"

"Its not good enough he has other kids I understand that but this one shouldn't be forgotten about" 

I stormed off and sat in the car crying into my hands. Kourtney followed and sat in the drivers seat