Chapter 5

I ran through the large white double doors and rushed through people standing with suitcases. I pushed passed them and ran to the nearest desk I could find.

"One ticket for the next flight"

I took out a handful of cash from my bag and placed it on the table. My heart was beating so fast and my hands were shaking. 

"The next flight is to..."

"I don't care anywhere just put me on it please" I begged. 

30 minutes later I was walking through security, I was so scared this is something completely out of my comfort zone. I have always been the good girl, the girl that done what she was told, done the right thing but this was out of my comfort zone.

I walked out of security and to to the nearest bar. 

"A double vodka and soda please".

I found a table right in the corner of the bar. I walked over and threw my bag on the floor and sat down taking a large sip of my drink. I was crazy, I was out of my mind, how could I just pack up and leave. After thinking for a good 10 minutes, I started to regret my decision. I could take him back, try again, try and make it work I needed him, he needed me. 

I downed my drink and stood up and hit into something behind me 

"Im so sorry" 

I looked up and seen a man with dirty blonde hair, green eyes and a stubble around his mouth. He was wearing a charcoal grey suit and a white shirt and smelled divine.

As I looked down I realised now he had a huge red wine stain on his shirt

"Im so sorry, I've wrecked your suit. Let me get you another drink please, its the least I can do"

He looked at me with an angry look. 

"Mia, Mia Ryan" 

I looked up confused

"umm.. yes thats me.. who are you?"

"Its me Alex, Alex Winters I used to live next door to you"

It clicked Alex used to be the geeky kid with big thick black glasses and was always falling over his feet. But WOW he was not that boy anymore

"Alex! oh my God how are you! its been so long"

"Im fine thanks, let me go change and we can have a catch up"

He turned around and walked away towards the bathroom. I through myself down in the chair again and ordered another drink off the waitress cleaning up. I put my arms on the table and rested my head in them and took a deep breath. 

"Wow you look like your having a worse day than me. Mind if I sit?"

I looked up and there he was, now in a baby blue shirt and now i knew what aftershave he was wearing, Prada. 

I nodded trying to hide the tears that were about to fall down my cheeks.

"is it really that bad ?" he looked at me with a little smile 

"Whats going on in your life then, fill me in still married ?"

I laughed and took a deep breath before I began. 

" He cheated on me with his assistant and now I'm leaving to start a new life.. without him."

Wow, did I really just tell a someone wo I haven't seen in years my problems.

"Wow thats tough, never really liked him to be honest" he laughed

"Thanks" 

"Well I think your brave, it takes a lot to walk away and start a new life. I wish you luck, I must go my flight is boarding it was nice to meet you Mia "

"Alex nice to meet you have a nice flight"

He turned around walked away and I smiled. I am brave, brave to do something, brave to do whats best for me and to look out for myself. I took the ticket out of my bag and looked at where I was going it said flight NY2397 to New York. 

I walked up to the nearest flight board and looked up, it was boarding shit. I ran as fast as I could to the gate and handed the girl my ticket. 

This was it, this was me starting my life in a new place, new people and doing whats best for me.