Chapter 7

As I stepped out of the airport, I took a deep breath in, this was it, no looking back. I held my arm out to call for a taxi, one stopped beside me and I jumped inside.

"Where to"?

"To the nearest hotel please"

"No problem"

After about 10 minutes and chit chat with the taxi man I arrived outside a large hotel, covered in glass. It looked like something out of the movies, it had large glass doors with fresh roses outside. As I looked up at the building in amazement,  the taxi man took my cases out of the boot and placed them beside me and drove off. I grabbed my bags and made my way inside. 

I walked inside and was amazed by the glass chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, the marble floor, and large art work. I pulled my suitcase and my make up trolley up the long walk way and to reception.

"Hi id like a room please, for the next few days, maybe a week or two"

The snotty bimbo receptionist looked at me, then looked down and back up. Her blonde hair was back-combed high to touch the ceiling. She had a thick layer of make up on but her foundation was 3 shades to dark for her face. 

"A week is $400 and two is $800" she threw a fake smile and looked back down at her computer. 

Although my brain was telling me to find somewhere else, as this was far to expensive I couldn't let this witch let me feel worthless. 

"I will take the week thanks" I fake smiled back 

After taping away she handed me two key cards.

"Room 503, 15th floor have a nice day" she turned around and started chatting to a colleague.

"Stupid bitch, wanna sort that foundation colour out" I whispered under my breath

I grabbed my bags and walked around and took the first lift. As the doors opened a tall, handsome man walked out and walked straight into me knocking my bags over.

"Im so sorry" As I looked up i realised 

"Alex" I said shocked

"Mia, what on earth are you doing here" He asked helping me up with my bags. 

"I came to the first hotel I could find until I find myself a place to live at. What are you doing here?"

"Business meeting, I've a really important meeting I'm late for, what do you say a drink in the bar 7pm we can have a proper catch up?" he asked.

"Yeah ok"

He smiled and waved and walked off, I could still smell his aftershave.  I walked into the lift with all my bags and made my way up to the 15th floor with a big smile on my face.