Chapter 19

Brian's POV

I  prepared dinner for me and Melissa, this way my plan could go ahead. I had set the table with the best crystal glasses and the fancy plates. I had cooked mushroom risotto and a apple tart for desert. I heard the heels clicking on the marble floor so I knew she was here. I walked to the door and waited

"WOW Brian, you really done all this for me" I took her by the arm and we walked over to the table. 

"I wanted to make this night.. special"

She hugged me and thanked me before we sat down to eat.

We ate and chatted for over a hour, she was telling me all the baby names she had picked, that she wanted a natural birth, hoped it was a girl. I knew this was my chance.

"Melissa, we need to talk"

"Sure whats up" she took a bite out of her apple tart

"I want the baby" 

She laughed and placed her hands over her mouth

"I know we both do he or she will be here soon" and she took another bite

I took out a cheque of my suite pocked and placed it in front of her. Her eyes lit up

"Melissa I'm offering you half a million to have this baby and give it to me for me and my wife to raise. I will pay all medical fee's and all baby stuff needed but the baby will be given to me when born"

She dropped the spoon and stood up

"No.. no no no no you can't take my baby and I won't let you" 

She started to walk towards the front door and I ran over to stand in between them.

"Come on Melissa, I have a house, money a family and a loving wife we can be the perfect family what have you got to offer you still live with friends for christ sake and not to add you are thousands of dollars in debt."

"H..how do you know"

"I can do a lot of things Melissa, I know a lot of people" 

"This baby is not an object you can't just buy it, and a so called loving wife really where is she now then probably off screwing someone else"

I punched the wall out of anger

"You know nothing about my wife so shut the hell up"

"Now all of a sudden you care for her, what about the 10 months we slept together in your room where you and your wife sleep you didn't care then or your car, your desk you didn't care about your loving wife then did you"

"Melissa, I will ruin you your life and your career no one will hire you I will make sure of it. Take the money pay your debts off buy a house whatever you want but give me this baby"

She took a few steps back and looked down at the floor, I could see the tears on her cheek. 

"This baby Brian is a piece of me aswell, its the only family I have left please don't do this, don't take it away from me"

Before I knew it she was on her knees begging and pleading with me

"Melissa please get up" 

She stood up and looked at me in the eye.

"I need this baby, for my marriage. Mia can't have kids we tried so hard but we can't. I can give her one, I can give her a baby and we can have a family. You can have more kids, you can have 20 if you like but this is just one bit of hope I can get her back" 

I placed my hand on her shoulder and pulled her into me to calm her down. I rubbed the back of her back until she eventually stopped crying.

She pulled away from me and wiped her eyes and nose.

"Ok... you can have this baby"