Chapter Seventeen

Love Like Boomerang
Book Two
Chapter Seventeen
Jayden's POV & Rose's POV
!Edited And Lightly Rewritten!
___________________________

I rolled my window down and nearly stuck my head out of the window to speak to her.

"Is there a reason you're walking in the middle of the road...? In the dark... Like a weirdo?" I asked her. "Or do you just have a death wish?"

She rolled her eyes, pretending to look annoyed but I knew she was relieved to see me. "I'm not a weirdo and I feel safer walking in the middle of the road."

"Safer in the middle of the road...?" I wanted to laugh a little but I didn't. "Did your car break down or something?"

"It would have to start in order to break down..." She looked pretty embarrassed.

"Get in." I reached over to the passenger side door pulled the handle and pushed the door opened.

"Are you sure?"

"If you think I'm going to let you walk home, you're crazy. Get in."

"Okay," she sighed in defeat and walked around to the passenger side and got in. She buckled herself in. "Thank you..."

"No problem." I continued driving.

"If you don't mind, can we stop and pick up JJ?" She asked sheepishly as if I would say no.

"Where is he?" Is all I needed to know.

"At Sky and Jason's house. Sky took him on a date today."

I chuckled lightly, "A date?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "It's kind of their thing. Every week they do something together. She's a really proud Godmother."

"I see. That's nice." I nodded. "You did always say that Sky would be the Godmother of our kids." I stiffened realizing what I just said. "Sorry. Probably shouldn't have said that."

"It's okay," She sighed. "You're right...We decided that together," she paused. "Sky is like my sister. It just seems right, ya know?"

"She's great," I nodded. That to be the only thing I can do when she's around. "Her and Jason are good together."

She agreed happily with a smile. "She's exactly what he needs right?"

You were exactly what I needed, I thought and immediately scolded myself.

"Yeah," I nodded trying to shake my thoughts. "Exactly what he needs."

"She makes him better."

You made me better, I inwardly groaned and resisted the urge hit myself. Cut it the fuck out Jayden!

The last thing I need is to make this drive more awkward than it already is... I need to get my thoughts and emotions under control before I say something else to affect her.

"So," I started. "I kind of promised JJ that I would take him to the park on Sunday. He begged me and I couldn't say no to him," I glanced at Rose's face, trying to gauge her reaction. She had completely frozen like she often did any time JJ came up in conversation. "If it's okay with you. I don't want to overstep."

"No," she quickly said. "That's fine. He'll like that. He likes hanging out with you. It makes him feel like a big boy," She said though I could still see and feel her discomfort.

I wondered why she would be uncomfortable with me hanging out JJ. I'm not a fucking creep... and I would protect him with my life. She's gotta know that...

"I'd never put JJ in any danger," I voiced out loud because I felt like she needed to know that. "You know that right?"

She stared at me confused and nodded her head. "Of course, I know that. I never doubted that Jayden."

A Love Like Boomerang *EDITING*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें