Duel

Lance: I sneeze and wipe my noise. "Bless you." "Thanks Pidge." I wipe some more as I work on my bayard. "Maybe someone was talking about you?" I smirk. "Girls love me so it's no surprise." Pidge smirks. "You mean Keith?" I blush and jump a little. "No way! I'm not interested in guys!" Pidge shakes his head. "You don't act like it." I start to feel threatened. "Come on Pidge, quit joking around." I look at his computer. "What'cha working on?" He sighs. "It's a visual cloaking device that I'm using in the main system of my lion so when it's in mid flight it can go invisible. I want it at it's best so I'm using alien materials that work better than steel." "You had me at cloaking." He frowns. "It's only for my lion, yours doesn't need it." I get defensive. "What why!?" Pidge continues working. "Because you're lion doesn't need it. You're too out there for stealthiness. If I'd put it on any other lion I'd choose Keith's." He smirks, and I know he just wanted to bring him back up.  "Not funny Pidge."  He snickers. "Maybe Keith would be good for you; keep you from chasing every creature in space." My face flushes. "I only go after the girls!" Pidge shakes his head. "Lance, the universe is a vast place with many planets and cultures. Not every planet has a set of two genders. In fact, almost every planet we went to had no set genders. So in theory you don't go after JUST girls." 

               The door busts open. "Pidge, you wanted to see me?" I look up to see Keith. Pidge gives an innocent smile. "I did!" Keith walks over. "Hey.... Keith." He waves, then Pidge grabs his hand and walks him over to one of his larger computers. I see he has some band-aids and a ripped up shirt; I wonder what happened. "So I was looking into this and I wanted your opinion, I mean, you know about Red more than anyone else. Keith ponders over whatever he's seeing."That is true."  Pidge looks over at me. "Want to come on over, Lance?" My red face frowns. "Whatever." I hope I'll figure out what the ban-aids are for; they look painful. I walk over and see the many structures inside the red lion. I look closer. "I'm not seeing what you guys are." Pidge sighs. "These are parts of the lion that connect with Keith while we are in battle. I've checked all the patterns for the lions and their paladins, but I've seen that Keith's brainwaves and red's connection is different." I get a little lost, but I sorta keep up. I look at Keith and all of his as he speaks. "So what Pidge is saying that when we all connect with our lions mine is different from yours or Hunk's." "Oh I get it. OK, so what could make these kind of changes?" Why haven't I noticed them till now? Pidge looks back at the computer. "I have no clue. It could be something in the-" Keith steps  in. "It could be something in my brain or genetics." Pidge starts typing. "Correct. I just want to see if it'll affect our battles." Keith shakes his. "I highly doubt it; I mean I'm just a small outlier. Shiro and you also have different frequencies as well. It's only mental really." Pidge sighs. "I guess you're right." Keith starts walking away, and I begin to follow. "Later Pidge!" I wave as I leave then catch up with Keith. 

              "Did you need something, Lance?" I blush a little as I notice the awkward situation. "Oh, I was just um..... wondering where you got those bruises and band-aids?" Keith looks at them, then shrugs. "Training, it can get pretty intense." I look with worry. "How did you even get those? The robots at the training room are programmed at a lower setting." Keith looks away. "WAIT, did Shiro do this!?" I start to feel furious at the thought of Shiro harming Keith. Keith looks at me in a panic. "No Shiro would never try to hurt me!" I start walking with a faster pace. "We need to fi-" Keith grabs my hand and I whip around to us face to face. "Calm down Lance! Geez; if you want to know than fine, but don't start going on some rampage." I grip his hand, then groan. "Sorry, guess I went off a little." Keith rolls his eyes, but I can see a smile creeping on his face. We walk to.... oh CRAP, this is the room I saw him training in! He points. "This is where I train." I walk in to see it's interior is as old as it's exterior. "So this is where you go to hide." Keith scoffs. "It's not hiding! You guys just don't train and watching gets me irritated." I frown. "Harsh." Keith looks away. "Truth can hurt."I stick out my bayard. "All right Keith, lets have a duel." He looks at me. "A duel?" I nod. "Yep, if I win you have to train in the regular training room with everyone else." "And if I win?" "I have to come here and train with you your way." Keith smirks. "Also you can't tell anyone about this place." I nod. "Deal!" We get into our stances. "Rivals till the end I see." Keith sneers as his bayard turns into his sword. I smirk. "Till the end." I steady my rifle. Keith coughs and looks up. "A match is commencing." I hear a start up. "Match commencing in 10.... 9.... 8" I tune it out and look at Keith. His frown is apparent, and the mood of the room has changed. He really doesn't want to train with us. I feel my heart ache as I start to think of Keith's want for isolation. "This ends now!" "Match start."

              I start shooting at Keith, but his shield is blocking the shots. He gets close enough and swings his sword; I slide under to dodge it and notice it cuts some of my hair. I click my teeth as I slide and take shots at him. He reflects them with his sword, but they slide across some of his skin. I stand feeling I won, but he charges at me. What!? His sword almost cuts my chest and I tumble over. I roll myself back up and I start to run around. "Keith! Someone is going to get hurt!" He doesn't listen as he throws his sword. I duck and flip around see he's without a weapon. I start shooting and one hits him. He rolls and clenches the area that was shot. He then takes off and starts sprinting towards me. This is madness! That shot must've bruised him! "Keith!" "Shut up!" My eyes widen. Why? Why is he doing this? "Do you not want to be around us that much!?" He gets right in front of me and grips my gun. He takes it with ease and aims it at me. I lift my hands up giving a white flag. "Y-You win." I can see him panting hard as he kneels down using the gun as a sort of cane, but it goes back to a bayard having him just lay on the floor. I scoot over and shake him. "Keith? Keith!?" He shakes his head. "Stop.... I might throw up." I start to panic, but he just grabs my sleeve. "I hah win." I frown as I get up. "Keith...." I see him smiling a little, and I see how it is.  He did all this just so he didn't have to be in the same room as us. "I can't anymore." I walk away as I speak, and I don't even give a second to see his face. "You finally get to be alone, Keith." I leave the room and start wandering the halls to my room. I lay in my bed and I force myself not to cry.