Sickness

Lance: "Time to kick butt!" I scream that as we run to our lions. We have some stray Galra attacking the ship and now we need to get them off Allura. I rush to my lion, but end up the second last one out! Hunk still had some food he was eating. I sigh in defeat knowing Keith and Shiro probably tied first. We defeat the strays and when I get back in I feel dizzy. W-what? I stumble a little, then leave hoping no one saw that. I don't need them worrying about me. I'm supposed to be the hot, healthy sharpshooter! I also don't want to be a bother. Yeah, I just don't want to be a bother. I lay on my bed as I feel it kick in. "This sucks." I just fine! Why is this happening!? I reach for a towel, but my body suddenly feels weak. "Why?" I give up and just curl up in a ball as I start breathing heavier. Is this an alien sickness or something? I never got sick like this on Earth. I hear knocking and start to panic. "C-come in!" The door opens and it's Shiro. "Oh, hey Shiro! What's up?" He looks at me with worry. "Keith asked me to come check on you. Are you feeling alright?" "Keith.... asked you?" He nods. "Yes, he said he had something to do, but that he felt like something was wrong with you after we defeated those Galra. Now, how are you feeling? I want to make sure you're alright." I smile. "I feel great right now." He smiles. "Alright, let us know if something changes." I nod as he leaves. I lay back down and sigh as I feel some relief.

               I decide to take a shower after feeling a little better when I hear footsteps at my door. "Who is it?" I open the door to see Keith with a plate. "L-Lance!?" I tilt my head as I look at the food. "What's up?" He blushes as he just hands me the plate. "Was just leaving this." He looks away as he spoke and I just snicker. "What is it?" He quickly turns his head looking at me. "Umm, so I'm not as good at Hunk when it comes to cooking, but.... uh, I thought making some Earth food would help your sickness." "Sickness?" He made it.... for me? I see his look of worry as he walks closer and puts his hand on my forehead. "Allura said that the Galra were strays because of their illness. I think you might have gotten it." I sit on my bed and eat the food. It's a little burnt. "Thank you." He stiffens as he starts to leave. "Try to-" I unconsciously grab his sleeve. "Please.... stay." It's weird.... but, I feel better when he's around. He trembles a little as if he's anxious. "Uh, sure. Yeah, I don't mind staying." He sits down on the bed and I immediately feel better. "Say, Keith?" "Yeah?" "Do, you like forming Voltron?" "I guess, it's my job, no, mission to do it." "I see." "W-what about you?" "It's one of the greatest feelings. I love doing it knowing I'm helping others." Keith smiles as he lays down. "It is a good feeling." 

               "Keith, why do you separate yourself from everyone." He stays silent for a little and I feel like I said something wrong. "I'm sorry that was unc-" "No. It's not a bad question since we are a team now. I guess.... I'm not a very trusting person. I'm a negative person and I just do what's necessary. It's not likable qualities so I just stay distant." I get up and lay on top of his stomach feeling how cold he was. "Dang, I'm sweating bullets while you're cold." He sighs as he continues to lay there. "Listen, being distant is not going to help people see your good qualities." "Good qualities?" "Yeah! Keith, you have good qualities that you're completely ignoring. Let's see you may not be as funny as me, but that's only because your humor is more intellectual than mine. You are very careful with your words, but you also know how to let loose on your feelings. You care about people more than they've ever cared about themselves. You look at the big picture, but you can also solve the little details that make that picture. You're unique Keith, own it." "Unique?" "One of a kind." I feel his breathe stagger and I look up to see tears roll down his face. "Keith!?" He chuckles. "Sorry." I wipe his tears away and he gets up feeling my forehead with his forehead. "You should rest." He gently pushes me on the bed and I stay there. "Keith, can you lay with me." I hear what I said and stutter. "Y-you're just a colder person and uh it felt nice and I uh-" He lays down and sighs. "I was tired anyway." I smile. "Yeah, me too."