Chapter 19

Coal gulped down the cold glass of milk, sweat drizzled down her face. She remembered what she said, she knew that should her dad do something to Honey she would end his reign of terror; but she'd be taking a life. She shuddered at the thought of the basement, remembering the blood stained walls with tools glazed in rust and specks of dried blood that clung to the metal. 

But still, she'd get rid of him;  it meant one less bad pony in the world and Honey can go live her dream to be just like that pony in the movie poster she saw. She could feel her legs shake as some droplets of milk fell onto her arm. She put a hoof onto her leg, not realizing somepony allowed herself into the room. "Coal Dust." Coal jumped at the sound of Minkie's voice.

"Oh, hi Minkie." Coal turned around to face the older mare "What are you doing in here?" Minkie sat herself onto the bed "Just here to ask you something." tapping on the spot on the bed, Coal set down her milk before seating herself next to Minkie "I want to know, was this a decision made by you or did somepony pressure you to do it."

Coal shook her head "It was all by me." Minkie slowly nodded her head, as if grasping to understand something "So what brought you to want to end another pony's life?" Coal Dust took in a deep breath "Because my friend Honey Dew has a dad who hits her and if i get rid of him he wont hurt her ever again." The words spat out in a blurred sped frenzy, thankfully Minkie had caught all that she was saying.

"So if i were to give you a knife and got her dad right here, right now. Would you be able to kill him?" Coal looked down "No.." Minkie nodded her head "I understand where you are coming from about it, that's very noble of you. But it's alot easier said then done, this is the last question i'm asking you.  Are you willing to carry the burden of you having took said pony's life?" Coal looked at Minkie with as stern as a face she could, she replied "If it means Honey Dew can live a happier life."

Minkie hugged Coal Dust tightly in her fore arms, Minkie soon walked out of the room before looking behind her as Coal got ready for bed "You won't have to." walking outside with a butchers knife. She looked in the window of the family home that was below their temporary safe haven, a dark orange stallion had exited a room of the wooden house with a mare behind him pleading with him.

She glanced at the tree house, only silhouettes of small hooves were noticed. Minkie made her way slowly closer to the window, she held her breath before letting it out. The stallion was the most repulsing thing she had ever looked at, as the smell of liquor hit the air. Minkie's nose twitched as she reeled back from the oder. the argument got more intense as the mare took the bottle of beer from the father's hoof.

a slap was earned in return as he drunkingly stumbled outside with the elder stallion behind him yelling at him swinging his cane. The stallion stopped at the tree house before turning around and slapping the grandfather to the ground. "average drunk abuser." Minkie mumbled shaking her head. She ducked as the mare ran out screaming, the stallion left with the mare trying to help the grandfather up.

Minkie slipped away creeping to the barn that the stallion was at, Minkie hid behind a hay bale with the bottle of chloroform. She held the bottle to a piece of cloth, sneaking up behind the stallion unaware of her presence. She held the rag to his muzzle quickly, gripping him tightly as he struggled. She held him until he passed out, where she began to drag him away.