Chapter 5

Coal Dust awoke, but couldn't recognize the area she was in. This wasn't home, it was somewhere.. different. Coal began to whimper when the pegasus flew into the room. She turned her head to see that little Coal dust has woken up. "Oh hi little Minkie, you's awake!" Derpy trotted over, standing very closely. "I'm Derpy! No need to be 'fraid lil Minkie, we're a friend now." Coal dust cocked her head in confusion, friends? what were friends anyway?

Derpy smiled, "We going have so much fun together! We can teach you how to make cupcakes and we can play!" picking up a small doll from the dusty floor and gently sat it next to Coal Dust. Coal Dust glanced at the doll before looking back up at Derpy, who was currently smiling and humming a tune of sorts, Coal dust piked up the doll and placed it near Derpy. "You don't want to play?" Derpy asked cocking her head. 

Coal dust looked around for other dolls before spotting a few and trotted to them. She lifted them gently before trotting back to Derpy and placing them next to her, Coal Dust gave a very small smile. Derpy clapped her hooves excitedly, before continuing the same thing . It would of gne on for hours until Inkie stepped into the room, " My my my, look who's up." Coal dust dove into the pillows and peeked from her little fortress, It was "Grey pretty mare who was also scary"! Derpy looked a little disappointed from Coal's reaction and stepped over. "C'mon lil Minkie, weren't we havin fun?" Inkie walked over, holding her head not as high as she typically did. 

Derpy turned to Inkie "we were playing a doll game, but she got a scared." Inkie gave Derpy a somewhat smirk "She's a little.. traumatized after what happened. I'm surprised she warmed up like she did." giving Coal Dust a somewhat suspicious look. "I'll leave you two to work things out, give her a little time." Derpy nodded as Inkie walked out. "It's okay lil Minkie, no need to be  scared." Coal Dust peeked her head from the pillows, before looking up at Derpy. 

Derpy wasn't scary once you stacked dolls and ran around the room giggling, and based on how loud they were she was surprised they hadn't got into trouble with the "three scary mares". The "Balloon mare" wasn't scary as with the "Apple filly" and "filly with green eyes and a pink mane", they seemed fine as long as they weren't too loud. Derpy smiled but then frowned, "wish you could silly like that with the others, the bad stuff is o'er now. no need to be afraid anymore." 

Coal dust only walked up slowly to Derpy before tapping on Derpy's cutiemark and replying in a small tiny voice "eh." it was said in something playful, but at the same time holding a shy innocent tone. Derpy's mouth turned into probably the biggest grin she's ever seen, but was instantly scared when Derpy began to be very loud. 

"Lil' Minkie just talked! She just a talkaded! She said a word!" Pinkie turned her head to Derpy, "Really?" she asked excitedly nearly bouncing "She did! She said eh!" the two mares chatted away, meanwhile Minkie had finished her shift for guard duty and went into the room where she had sat down Coal Dust. She stood ominously, watching Coal Dust stack the dolls then try to stack them again once they fell over. 

Minkie slowly entered the room before speaking up "Out and about?" Coal dust turned her head into her direction before huddling into the very large pile of toys. Minkie slowly crouched down to her level "its alright, i'm not here to hurt you." Coal Dust hid her face in her mane before squeaking "eh." Minkie sat with her for a very long while before walking away, shortly after returning with a sandwich. 

Coal Dust looked at the food that had been placed in front of her before taking a bite, Minkie gave a small smile. "You must of been very hungry from all that playing huh?" she asked watching the foal eat. Coal Dust looked up at Minkie, right now she didn't seem so scary. Minkie continued to sit with Coal Dust, slowly to allow her to open up.