Chapter 13

Night fell over the ranch, the bakers went to bed as Coal Dust burned the midnight oil "chatting" to her new doll whom she called "Purple Buttons". She held it up to the ceiling, whilst laying on her back acting as if the doll could read all of the thoughts inside her mind. She continued to stare blankly, Minkie sleeping in the bed Coal shared with.

Coal didn't really want to sleep, her mind was buzzing with questions not even the broken child's imagination could give possible answers. Pinkie said before that what they did was good, because it was fun. But her conscious said it was wrong, because it felt wrong. She knew either Pinkie was right or was wrong.

Coal slowly set down the doll to think, Minke does this with everypony. But Minkie is a good pony, so it may feel bad but then it's good? Coal Dust covered her face in a mix of frustration and confusion. She soon heard it, the sound of creaking in the bed. She turned to see Minkie was kicking her hoof against the wood end of the bed in her sleep. 

Grunting and mumbling, before softly crying. Coal slowly got up and crawled into bed with Minkie, She snuggled up close hoping Minkie would feel better. Even if what they did was a bad thing.. Minkie was certainly the good thing.