Chapter 3

Coal Dust huddled next to whom was "the scary mare", Since everywhere else was occupied by the other ponies; she decided it was best to not move an inch. They already given her what they called "the bath", she wouldn't have minded if it hadn't left her cold afterwards only to be wrapped by some big scary blanket thingy. Most of the ponies seemed okay, one of them being a pink pony with a big curly mane. 

She liked how the pink mare had balloon pictures on her flank, balloons weren't scary as long as you didn't pop them. One of the other ones was a pegasus, with a grey coat and a yellow mane. She had never met a Pegasus before, certainly not one with cross eyes. Did all pegasi have cross eyes? She wondered to herself, still huddled next to the dark grey mare who's coat had a blue tinge to. 

Coal dust looked at the mare's flank picture, it was that of a lock. She didn't understand why ponies have pictures on their flank, did they draw them on? She once tried to draw a flank picture on herself, but she got punished so she didn't want to try again. The light grey mare with pretty purple eyes left the kitchen with a treat in her mouth.

Coal dust assumed this mare was a good pony, because 'only good ponies get treats' She remembered her mother telling her. she left the warm side of "the scary mare" and trotted to the kitchen towards the pink box. There was only one donut left, but it's tempting smell made her mouth water. It's pink frosting that glazed over the pastry covered in delicate coconut sprinkles. She complected whenever she should just snag the treat or just leave it alone. Her stomach growled impatiently, making her desire that treat even more.

Before she could make the decision, a dark grey blue tinged hoof reached in the box and pulled out the treat. "the scary mare" glanced over at Coal dust, cocking her head to the side. Coal dust watched her green eyes turn from malice to curiosity at the foal, for a moment it would seem the look was more gentler and less intimidating. "The scary mare" leaned close to Coal Dust and handed her the treat, before patting her on the head. 

Coal dust looked at her in confusion, wasn't Coal dust a bad filly? Coal dust didn't hesitate to take a bite out of the treat, savoring each chew. The older mare noticed and gave a small smile of contempt, before walking away. 

Coal dust was certainly a good filly today.