chapter twenty-seven

"....the fact that you would treat Lexi like this is sick!"

-

March 23, 2013

Bologna, Italy was such a beautiful place in my eyes. It was much more beautiful than any of the other places we have gone to. Other girls would say Paris was the best place, but we all know I'm not just another girl. I have always had a feel for the Italian culture, probably because I was an Italian myself.

I looked at my outfit one last time in the body length mirror that was in the hotel bedroom. This room was kind of different because all of us shared a king size suite and the bedroom we all shared.

Considering it was a warm day here in Bologna, I was wearing a blue sundress that went slightly above my knees. It had wrinkles in random spots, but I didn't care. I wasn't perfect and neither were my clothes. To top it all off my hair was in a side braid. I wasn't at all a girly girl so I just put on my white vans instead of some stupid heels.

Lastly, I put on a sterling silver charm bracelet that my father gave to me when I was nine years old. It had flags on it from different parts in the world. We use to plan on traveling around the world together before he started to abuse drugs. Then he died and my dream died. But now here I am living our dream out.

A tear slipped down my eye as the memories recoiled in my mind, but I quickly wiped it away not wanting to smudge my makeup and getting overly emotional. I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder before walking out of the hotel room. Everyone else was already standing up ready to leave.

"You look beautiful." Pattie said walking over to me. I smiled at her giving her a hug before we walked out of the room and out of the hotel.

As we walked out of the hotel doors, police officers were all huddled in lines blocking the screaming fans and paparazzi. The lights from the camera's were still flashing but since it was a bright day it wasn't all that bad.

The whole crew, besides me, walked towards the crowds of screaming fans taking pictures and talking. I wasn't going to do that considering the fans don't even know who I am. They probably all hate me since the media made me out to be Justin's girlfriend so I just started to walk for the black van waiting for all of us.

I was walking toward Justin when the screams got even louder. I resisted to cover up my ears because I didn't want them to think I hated them. I just hate noises and bright lights because of that night my father died.

"Justin can I get a picture with you and her?" I heard one of the fans scream just as I brushed shoulders with him. He mumbled a sure and turned toward me grabbing my arm. I turned toward him with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"This beautiful young lady would like a picture with us." He said through gritted teeth but yet he had a smile on his face. He coud win an Oscar with that acting.

I nodded my head and walked over to the fan. She squealed but I just pushed the urge to slap her away and stood next to her while Justin was on the other side. The girl rose her hand with her phone in it and counted to three as we all smiled. I barely heard the camera click before she pulled it away looking at it with a big smile on her face.

"You two are the cutest couple in the world!" She said through her Italian accent. I covered my mouth up to stifle a laugh because she actually believed that horrible story.

I was just about to tell her we weren't when I remembered I wasn't going to be talking to anyone, so instead I just gave her a thumbs down and walked over to the van, buckling my seat belt getting ready to leave.