four

"I just didn't know things were this bad."

-

Lights flashed all around me as the loud music banged throughout the club. People were dancing on the dance floor letting the music be their muse, dancing the night away as they stood care free. Sweat cascaded down my body as I danced with them all. I let the music take control of almost everything. My thoughts drifted away and I didn't have a care in the world. I never did. It was only me and the music. The people surrounding me weren't there to me. It was like I was the only one in the club and for once in a very long time, I felt free to do as I pleased.

Yes, I basically do that anyways, but I felt as if nobody controlled me. Not even that monster drug, that curse of an addiction I had. The music still played and I still danced letting my life slip through my fingers. Forgetting all the troubles I had gone through. All the pain I caused people. It was just about me. I didn't have to worry about disappointing my mother, about that boy who I hated with all of my heart.

That was until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Turning around, my breath hitched in my throat and the world started to become distant. Everyone around me started to disappear. I was panicking as he started to move closer to me. I backed away as far as I could. I didn't need this right now. My life was just okay, amazing even and he just shows up? He always ruined everything for me.

I turned around as a smirk plastered across his lips. I tried to run, I really did, but he was always there. I thought I ran away. I thought I finally got away from him, but no. Every time I turned to see if he was gone he wasn't. He was right there. He was always there.

I started panting and lost my breath. There was no use in running, he was always going to be there. I fell to the ground and closed my eyes shut hoping he would disappear. I just wanted him to go away.

Forever.

I looked up thinking he was gone, but again he wasn't. How could I be stupid to think he was? He stood right above me. He saw the look of fear across my face and he laughed. He just laughed. But to me it was not a laugh. A loud beeping noise echoed throughout the area, piercing my ears. I didn't want to hear this noise. It was hurting me.

I put my hands over my ears and squeezed my eyes shut, but the noise just got louder and louder. I felt like my ear drums were going to explode. Like my insides were going to burst. It just kept getting louder than before and I couldn't take it anymore. It was causing my insides to hurt and pure pain to shot throughout my body.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I had all I could do to stop it, so I just screamed as loud as I could. I couldn't take the noise anymore it hurt me. It was an evil pain. I just wanted it to go away.

My eyes shot open and I felt sweat drip off my forehead. I sighed of relief knowing that it was just a nightmare. That the piercing noise was all just a figment of my imagination.

I instantly started to regret that thought. The noise surrounded me again and a sudden exhaustion overcame me. I looked around the room and saw white walls and monitors with wires. I looked down at my body and saw machines were connected to me. Tubes were going into my forearm and it looked like water was being pumped into my veins. I tried my best to lift my arm to see if I had any willpower, but it wouldn't budge.

In that moment I felt overly dehydrated. My body was aching for some water or some type of liquid. I wanted to bring my hand up to touch my lips but I couldn't because of the stupid tubes. That's when I finally got to thinking. Where was I and how in the hell did I end up here? Well it was kind of obvious I was in the hospital but again; how did I get here and why was I here?