seven

"I have a huge favor to ask you."

-

I followed Pattie close behind as she made her way through the many twist and turns throughout the house. I started to believe that we were never going to make it to the kitchen because it felt like forever, this house was way to huge for my liking. I sighed thinking how they changed so much, until we finally reached the kitchen. Maybe it was because I was nervous of what Pattie would say. Maybe that's why the trip seemed so long to me.

When I realized that Justin was not fooling around when he said he didn't know who I was, a plan popped into my mind. Mr. Heartbreaker didn't remember who I was and what we had when we were together. How did he not remember what happened years after that? Maybe this could be a good thing? Maybe he wouldn't try to interact with me? I was hoping so. I didn't really want him him to bother me. I would be so annoyed.

Pattie finally walked through a push door and I followed right behind her. I looked around the kitchen in amazement. I have never in my life seen a kitchen so beautiful. They were always so simple.

The kitchen had wooden cabinets surrounding the walls, marble counter tops and a wooden island in the center with a marble top. A two door refridgerator, white tile floor-- surprisingly not even a speck of dirt was on it-- and a crystal chandelier similar to the one in the main entrance, hanging right above the island.

I finally turned my gaze to Pattie who sat herself down in a stool by the island and walked over to sit next to her. She gave me a warm smile and I smiled back. I couldn't help it.

"So, what's up?" She still smiled and propered her elbow on the island.

"Uh, well you see, Justin doesn't really remember me.." I said and turned away awkwardly.

"Ah yes, I did see that. He is so foolish. I guess I'm just gonna have to remind him-" She started to stand up to go and tell the Justin the truth, but I quickly grabbed her arm and forced her to sit back down.

She was startled at first at my sudden action and I just put on a giant smile. I didn't need her to tell Justin anything. That would just ruin the whole point of this plan. I didn't want and I definately didn't need Justin to remember me.

"No, no! That won't be necessary! I have a huge favor to ask you." I again smiled the sweetest I could.

Pattie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion probably wondering what on earth I was talking about. It took her a couple of seconds before she arched one her perfectly done eyebrows indicating for me to continue. Fame really does help recreate what you look like.

"Okay, so I was wondering, if you could, you know.. maybe, not tell Justin who I am?" I said and closed my eyes waiting for her reaction.

She didn't say anything at first, so I opened one of my eyes only to see an unreadible expression sketched across her face.

"Why would I do that?" She said as she bore her eyes into my own.

I sighed and looked right back into her eyes. I really wanted her to do this. She doesn't know how much this would make me happy and I haven't been happy in a real long time. Having the boy who triggered all my wrongs not bother to know who I am again would only help me. It would hopefully make me not go back to my old ways.

"Because this would make my life so much better, Pattie. If he didn't remember me then maybe our memories together won't come floating back to us. It would not only help me a bunch, but if Justin doesn't remember it would help him too. I mean if he's still the Justin I use to know, he would get distracted with his work trying to fix everything. Nobody wants that. This would help me so much Pattie, and isn't this why I came here in the first place? To get help?"