New Beginnings

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Papa!" I yelled from the top of the staircase. "I need help papa!"

I sighed once more looking at all of bags.

"Do I really need all of this stuff? I'm such an indecisive person."

I smiled when I seen my father coming up the stairs. It's about time he showed up. I called for him five minutes ago.

"Papa why are you walking so slow?" I chuckled. I swear he was moving slower than Gary the snail.

"Because I'm getting old and your mother has been bothering me all morning."

"You're not old. You're probably just tired. I know mom can be a handful."

He nodded. "She has me all over the place this morning. She knows I barely slept last night."

I frowned. I felt horrible for calling him now. "Aww I'm sorry to bother you pa. You don't have to help me if you're tired."

"No no it's okay. I am already up here and today is all about you. I'm here to help."

I smiled. My father is always offering me a helping hand, even when he may not be in the best condition. I appreciate him so much and I am going to miss him when I leave. I hate to leave him behind.

"Okay, I'll take the suitcases and you can take the bags." I said.

"That's fine with me."

_______

It took 20 minutes to get everything in the car and packed down. Although there really wasn't much room for anyone to put their feet down in the car, I managed to pack everything down as best as I could. My mother was worried that we would need another vehicle but everything fitted just like my father thought.

Plus, earlier in the week my father took a few of my belongings to my dorm anyways. Move in day actually started Thursday, so my father wanted to move all of the heavy things to get them out of the way. I'm glad he did because I would've been struggling trying to pack everything down in the car.

"Let's go see what your mother fixed for breakfast. I'll be so glad to sit down." My father said as we walked back into the house.

"Hurry up April. We leave in fifteen minutes." My mother said as if she did not just see me sit down at the table for breakfast.

"You know ma, for a parent who's going to miss their child, you sure are trying to get rid of me." I said pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

"Oh please this is just a front. Your mother is going to miss you. She's even going to be crying and all." Papa said joining me at the table.

"I don't want to spend the whole day moving you in. This is a Saturday and I would like to enjoy my weekend. So please just hurry." She said trailing upstairs.

I looked at my father as he just shook his head.

"And you said that she is going to be crying. Ha! I'd like to see the day."

"Don't worry about her April. Eat up." My father assured me. I know that he is not going to let my mother leave me.

"I'm going to miss you April." Jaden said as she stabbed her  pancake with her fork. She is always messing over her food. I don't even know why they feed her.

"Yeah me too. I'm going to miss messing with you." Haden adds.

Jaden laughed. "Me too."

Suddenly they both began laughing at God knows what. You honestly never know with these two.