Breathe Baby

It is now going on two in the morning and I am literally pulling my hair out. Rashad still isn't here! He sent two people in the last hour to check on me, and even had someone call the house asking if I needed anything. What I need? I need to know where the hell Rashad black ass is! I don't understand why he won't just pick up the damn phone or call me himself! This shit is starting to really piss me off.

Every person he sent gave me the same dry half-ass answers whenever I pressed about Rashad's whereabouts. Like who the fuck see's that someone is worried and just doesn't give a fuck? I am so angry at Rashad right now I could scream. I've been waiting on him for hours, I'm tired, and I have class in a few hours. I know I should just leave and wait for Rashad to call me but I don't want to. If I've been waiting all this time I mine is well stay. Plus he definitely has some explaining to do.

After watching a movie in the living room I walked into Rashad's bedroom and climbed into bed. Chapo and Pablo both followed close behind. They jumped on the bed as well before I quickly told them to get down. Although I would love for them to comfort me I know Rashad would have a fit if he found out I let them on the bed again. They seemed a bit sad that they couldn't cuddle with me but was satisfied with lying at the foot of the bed on the floor.

I sighed as I laid back on the headboard of the bed burying my nose into the sheets. Tears began to fill my eyes as I forced myself to keep it together. I'm sick of worrying about Rashad. How could he leave me here like this? Does he not know how terrifying this is! All I want is for him to come home. I contemplated on calling him again, yet what's the point if he isn't going to answer? If he had any care in the world for my sanity he would've checked on me. It's almost like he doesn't care how worried he has me and that thought alone has me so pissed. Why would he leave the city and fail to communicate with me? I know Rashad is a grown man and doesn't have to tell me anything but it would've been nice to be kept in the loop. I mean I am his woman and I do deserve to know.

I said another prayer for Rashad again before just giving up. He's not going to answer, he's clearly not going to call and waiting up for him isn't worth it. I'm exhausted and I need to get some sleep. I don't even have it in me to worry anymore. It's Rashad's life and I can't control how he intends to live it.

____________

I was suddenly awaken by a loud noise echoing from downstairs. I shot up in the bed immediately as Chapo and Pablo instantly ran towards the door. They were growling and clawing at the door as I climbed out of bed. I could hear the muffled sound of people talking in the living room. I glanced over at the clock and noticed that it was four in the morning. Who the hell is in the house?

I wiped the sleep from my eyes as I searched Rashad's closet for a weapon, however, I only found a metal bat. That was good enough for me! I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and dialed 911 as I instructed the boys to be quiet. I twisted the doorknob slowly creeping out into the hallway. I was relieved to see that no one was upstairs as I checked each room that I passed. I silently walked down the hall as the boys followed close behind. Once I reached the middle of the hallway I took a look over the balcony into the living room. There were four men standing in the center of the room talking. Yet none of them were Rashad.

I tip-toed down the stairs planning to get a better look at them until Chapo and Pablo took off down the stairs blowing my cover. Their growling immediately got the men's attention as they all turned towards the staircase where I was now standing. I felt at any moment if I uttered the words "attack" they would do just that.

I clutched the bat in my hand saying, "How did you get in this house?" No one answered me. They were all staring at the dogs whose growling soon turned into barking. "How did you get in this house?" I asked again to only be ignored once more.