New Beginnings

"April get up! It's almost time for us to leave!" My mother yelled from the bottom of the staircase.

I hate when she does that.

I sigh rolling on my back as I found the strength to open my eyes. I groaned as my body locked up on me. I am not ready to leave the comfort of my bed. What if I don't like my new bed? Surely I can just pack up my bed and take it with me. I'm not ready to give it up yet.

"Screw this." I mumbled burying my face underneath the covers. I just need 10 more minutes.

Just when I felt myself slipping off to sleep, my little brother and sister ran in pouncing right onto my rib cage.

"Stop!" I yelled as I tried to push them onto the floor. I honestly didn't care if one of them fell and hurt themselves. They deserve it.

"Get up April! It's your first day." Jaden said.

"Mama dice que me baje!" My mother stood in my doorway with a basket of towels watching as my little monsters continued to trample me. "Tell them to get off me now!"

"April it's move in day and you act like you don't have things to do."

"I am well aware of that mother but can I at least have five minutes?"

My mother knows damn well I am not a morning person. I don't even know why she allowed them to come in my room and wake me up. Where's the respect on my last day being home?

"I swear I'm going to kill you two." I said sprinting from my bed.

Jaden and Haden ran around my room giggling at the top of their lungs as I angrily chased them.

"Jaden and Haden stop messing with your sister and go down stairs for breakfast."

The twins ran out of the room laughing hysterically as I leaned on the side of my bed trying to catch my breath.

I swear I could throw them over my knee and repay them the favor.

"Now get dressed." My mother says before leaving my room.

"Ughhh." I groaned falling back into my bed.

_______

Carmen: Good morning love. It's move in day! I can't wait to see you. See you soon!
-8:00 am

I smiled responding to her message before getting dressed.

Me: Good morning beautiful 💋 I'll see you later love!
-9:22 am

After I checked my social media -which I do every morning- I finally got up to get ready to go. I turned on my stereo setting the vibe to start this very stressful day. I listened to my Pretty Ricky album as I searched in my closet for something to wear.

I decided to go with something simple today. All of my clothes are mostly packed anyways. The little bit of clothes I did leave behind were left in my drawers. I decided it may not be the best idea to take everything I own to college. Plus, I'm not even sure where I am going to fit all of this stuff.

I grab my suitcases and duffel bags out of my closet sitting them next to my room door.

"There is no way that I'm going to be able to carry all of this downstairs." I said to myself.  "You never really know how much shit you have until you actually have to move it."

I sighed tucking my hair behind my ears. Even though I didn't pack as nearly as much as I thought I would, it still feels like I'm taking a lot. I sat contemplating if I should unpack a few things, but the more I think about, if I get to college and get mad that I don't have something I'll probably lose my mind.