Just The Thought

After the talk I ended up kicking it with my girls for the rest of the day. Stephen was off with his boys and I had nothing to do. Although, the thought of reading for one of my classes crossed my mind, I honestly just wanted to chill and call it a day.

The tv played in the background as Tamera, Carmen, and I talked about the latest Bridgerton episode, while Daesha faithfully scrolled through her feed on instagram.

"How cool, there's a party tonight at a club called Pure." Daesha said as she read the flyer out loud. "Ouuu, there will be free liquor!"

"What time is the party?" Tamera asked.

"It says that the doors open at ten."

"And the admissions fee?"

"It's free until eleven. After that it'll be twenty dollars."

"Which means we'll be getting there when the doors open." Tamera laughed. "I am not paying for a party."

"We just went to a party. Don't you guys think we should sit this one out? We have class tomorrow." I said. "I'm still exhausted from last night."

"So! Girl we are in college. This is not high school and my parents aren't here to breathe down my neck." Daesha glared at me as if I was crazy for making that comment.

"And they have free liquor." Carmen added. "Why wouldn't we go?"

"I'm pretty sure everyone is going anyway." Tamera added.

"How do you guys know that? Maybe everyone is trying to recover from the last party."

"Girl are you serious right now?" Daesha said rolling her eyes. "Everybody is going! They'd be stupid not to go."

"But we just went to a party!"

To be honest, I really wouldn't mind staying in tonight. I literally had no plans to go anywhere and the fact that my girls want to go out again is annoying me. I thought we were going to have some girl time and chill, but all these hoes want to do is go out and get fucked up.

"It doesn't even matter anyways because you hoes will still go without me."

"You damn right we are. I'm not about to let you ruin my fun." Daesha said with no remorse. "It's a party April. I didn't come to college to stay in my dorm. I came to have fun."

"Come on April. Weren't you the one saying that we were going to turn up this year? We've only been to one party." Carmen said.

Listen, I'm not against the thought of going out again, it's just that it's a weekday. It's Monday and we're already planning on going to another party. I'm more so thinking about if I'm going to have the strength to pull myself out of bed for class tomorrow. More importantly, do these heffa's not care about their liver?

However, after giving it more thought, I decided to bite the bullet and agree to tag along.

"Fine. Only because I know you guys are going to get super drunk and someone needs to be there to watch after y'all."

"Okay mom!" Daesha laughed. "We promise we'll be on our best behavior."

I rolled my eyes saying, "Whatever girl. Anyways, what time are we getting ready?"

"It's seven, so we have about two hours to get dressed." Tamera said.

As I listened to my girl plan out what they were going to wear tonight, I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

Stephen: Can we talk?
- 6:10 pm

I rolled my eyes replying..