Chapter Four

Finn's P.O.V.

"I like them all, but I think I'll go with dinner here tonight, then walk on the beach." I say, looking up to meet Calebs stare. Shit. I'm asking her out tonight. "then what are you making for dinner tonight?" Caleb asks me. My facial expression went from all excited to all seriousness. "really? What am I making for dinner tonight? That's all you're saying in response? Fuck." I say. I rub my hands over my face, stopping when they reach my forehead the second time around. I did not think of what I'm making for dinner. "Yeah. That's what I'm point out. So, what are you making?"

"Um, I guess imma have to go to the deep freeze and pull out the buttered chicken lasagna my mom made for dinner the other night." I shrug my shoulders. Apparently, I'm nervous, because Caleb looks at me and starts laughing. "What!"

"Your... hilarious! You can't... even figure out... what to make... you're just using... leftovers!" He says between laughs.

"Your point?"

"My point is, you need to pull it out of the deep freeze to unthaw it. Then you need to get properly dressed. You wore that yesterday."

I groan. "Fine." I get up to pull dinner out of the deep freeze. Then get ready for the day. Completely.

Sadie's P.O.V.

"Mills, your freaking out about this. Just ask him if he wants to go for a walk on the beach tonight. That simple." We've moved from our spots on the couch in Millie's apartment, upstairs to her loft room.

"I know its just that simple, but what if he says no!" She gets up from her desk and moves to stand by her window. God, she's annoying sometimes.

"He won't say no, I promise. Caleb is over there right now talking to him. He lied." I say.

"That little fucker of a boyfr-" she cuts herself off. "Wait, what is he telling him?" she said. Paranoia is taking over her now.

"Just that he should come over tonight and we could all go for a walk on the beach together." I shrug. She's making this harder for me to deal with. Of all people, why does she come to me? Wait, I'm her best friend, besides the other two.

"But you said a few minutes ago that just me and him should go fucking alone!" Millie says, throwing her hands up.

"oh fuck. Really? Me and Caleb are planning to go together, and you and Finn could come, and walk together, alone." I say, calming her nerves apparently.

"okay. That's fine with me I guess. Does he know?"

"yes, he knows about the four of us going on a walk on the beach tonight. And he's fine with it. Don't sweat it."

"o...k."

Millie's P.O.V.

Wow. Tonight, I'm asking Finn out. One of my friends. But my fucking crush of 4 fucking years. Thankfully, Sads is willing to help me get ready. I actually look like a piece of shit right now. I didn't go to bed until maybe 5:15am after talking with Finn all night on the phone. But thankfully, its summer break, and I've been staying up until I think like 5:45am every night. I walk away from my window in my room and walk over to my walk-in closet. I open the doors and walk in, looking for something to wear. I decide on a pair of light wash jean shorts, the pair Sadie helped me pick out at the mall a few weeks earlier. I look for a top to wear and come down to three different tops. A pink lace off-the-shoulder crop top, floral wrap crop top, or my blue spaghetti strap crop top.

Floral Wrap Crop Top