Roman Godfrey (Hemlock Grove)

A request by  for Roman Godfrey! If you can not read stories with suicidal thoughts, depression, or an attempt, please do not read this! If you need to talk to someone, please, if you're comfortable of course, pm me! I am not trying to glorify anything and I personally have never had an experience so if it is not realistic, I apologize.

"God DAMN IT!" I cry as I fall onto the floor, curling into myself. The salty tears flow down my cheeks, pattering onto my forearms. I can't do this anymore... I see my red face and fat body in the mirror and close my eyes in disgust. I pick myself up and go into the bathroom, looking in the medicine cabinet. I grab any type of pill bottle and dump all of the pills out, flinging them into my palm. Falling onto the bed, I churn the pills in my hand, debating what I am about to do. 

The evil voices in my head tempt me, my heavy body tempts me, thinking that Roman is only with me for the hell of it tempts me. Without a second thought, I toss the pills into my mouth, gulping them all in one swallow. I lay down on the bed, closing my eyes. Hopefully I'll just go in my sleep.

The silence is soothing around me and I fall asleep easily. Every thought passing through my head, thinking this will be the last time I ever breath.

Surprisingly, when I wake up, I am groggy but also confused. A hand squeezes mine and I look to my left slowly. On my left, Roman is sitting in a chair looking disheveled. He starts to cry and hug me when he notices I am awake and I just stare confusedly at him.

"W-What happened?" I trail off.

"Please don't ever do that again. God, I love you so much." Roman squeezes my hands in his and peppers my face with kisses.

"R-Roman?" He leans back and looks at me.

"What is it? What do you need?" He says frantically.

"What happened?" I try again.

"You don't remember?" His eyes grow big and his mouth drops a little in shock. I only shake my head back and forth slowly. "Well," he starts, "You tried to OD on pills..."

"I-I did?"

"Yes, now what were you thinking?" All of the memories flood into my mind and I remember it all.

"I didn't think I deserved to live. The voices were telling me to do it, my body encouraged me, and I just thought I would be less of a burden for you if I were to not be alive."

"A burden? You are never a burden, (y/n). I love you dearly and I love everything about you. I don't want to let you feel this way anymore and I want you to be okay."

I smile up at Roman and I cup my hand around his cheek, "I love you too baby, I promise I do, I just - I just thought you didn't love me as much as I do you."

"Nonsense, I never want to have anyone else by my side besides you."

Roman hugs me and a nurse comes in and separates the two of us. She checks my IV and everything else and tells Roman and I that I can be discharged tomorrow night. Roman squeezes my hand and smiles at me.

Everything will be okay.