Eren Jaeger (Attack On Titan) Modern Soulmate AU

The name etched on my wrist sits raised against my (s/c) skin. I trace my fingers over it and toss my head into my hands, squeezing my eyes closed. I silently cry and scrunch my body into itself.

Why would they ever like me? I'm just a fat idiot. No one would ever love me. All of those people are right.

I wipe my tears away and look over to the mirror. My big arms, stomach and thighs stick out to me and I shudder in disgust. I can't ever focus on the positives of my body... only the negatives.

I sob again and grab my phone, harshly throwing it at the mirror. The mirror shatters and tumbles to the ground in pieces with my phone, which is somehow unbroken. I grab earbuds and my phone and turn on music. Grabbing my apartment keys, I close the door and leave. The walls were closing in on me and I needed space.

I keep my head down and briskly walk through the city streets. The night lit brightly with the street lights. I close my eyes and strike someone and take my earbuds out. I notice he spilled his drink on himself and my eyes widen in shock.

"I-I'm so sorry! Can I get you napkins? Buy you a new drink?" I pull my wallet out but he stops me by putting his hand on mine. 

"It's alright, don't worry about it." 

The man's voice was velvety and rich, making me shiver. I look up at him and notice his brown hair, emerald green eyes, and tall build.

"Are you sure?"

He nods his head and we stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds until someone call's his name.

"Eren!" A blonde haired man waves at the man in front of me and signals him to come to over. Eren looks back to me and smiles. My eyes widen and I look down at my wrist, the name - his name - engraved on my skin. Without saying anything, I run away. I run all the way back to my apartment and close it behind me, sliding down the door. Wiping the sweat from my brow, I repeat what just happened in my brain. Shaking my head, I directly get into my bed and fall asleep.

The next day, a friend texts me to meet at the bar to catch up and get some drinks. I agree and dress into something a little sexy. Snagging my wallet and phone, I walk to the bar and shudder, seeing as this is where I ran into Eren. I see my friend and wave, sitting next to them. We order drinks and talk before she pulls me onto the dance floor. 

"C'mon! Let's dance (Y/n)!" She grabs my hands dancing around crazily while I just stand there. She stops and gets close to me, trying not to yell over the music too much. "Why won't you dance?"

I shake my head and yell back at her, "I don't look good dancing." She rolls her eyes and smiles.

"No one cares! Dance with me!"

"Here, let me get a drink, then I'll come find you!" Before she can say no, I go outside of the bar, leaning against the side. 

"Hey," Someone says, making me jump, as they lean against the wall beside me. I look up to find Eren and promptly look down at the ground, about ready to leave again. He grabs my wrist, seeing as I am about to flee from him. "Don't go, I just wanted to talk."

I lean back against the wall and he releases my wrist. "What do you want?" I hastily ask.

"Why'd you run yesterday after you heard my name?" I look over to study him and see that he is wearing a brown leather jacket, dark blue jeans, and an olive green shirt with a necklace. I only shrug my shoulders and keep my head down. "Is your name (Y/n) by any chance?" My breath halts but I only say no. "So then, why aren't you speaking to me? You're shutting yourself off and I would assume you normally wouldn't do that with someone unless you knew something. Let me see your wrist."

"No," I pull my jacket over my wrists and look inside, searching for my friend. "My friend is probably wondering where I am, I should get leaving."

"I don't understand why you won't accept me." 

"You have the wrong person, I'm sorry."

"Then let me see your wrist."

I stick my left wrist out and he turns it over, only to find nothing.

"Show me your wrist with your soulmate's name." With hesitation, I hold my other hand out. His fingers brush against my jacket, pulling it up. He slowly turns my hand over to see 'Eren' written in cursive on my skin. He pulls his wrist out and shows that '(Y/n)' is written on his. "See."

His smooth fingers brush my (h/c) hair behind my ear and smiles. 

"I've been waiting so long to meet you. You're even more beautiful than I expected," My eyes widen and I chuckle a little.

"Y-You must be joking, right?" Taken aback, he scrunches his thick burgundy brows together.

"Why would I joke?"

"I've just always thought that my soulmate would reject me."

"Reject you?"

"Yeah... Because, you know... I'm not skinny or beautiful."

"That's the biggest lie I have ever heard," He laughs and puts his hand on his stomach. 

"L-Lie?"

"Yeah! I think you're beautiful and it doesn't matter if you're not skinny. You're here, are you not?"

"Well, yes, I am..."

"Hey, I've got an idea. Why don't we get outta here and go to a diner?"

"I mean, if you want to. But I have to tell my friend that I'm leaving. She may come with us though," He groans and shakes his head.

"Try and just get yourself to go. I want to get to know you one on one."

"Okay, okay," I find her still dancing, only with a man this time, and I tell her I'm going to leave for the night. She says okay and she continues dancing with the mysterious man. I walk out of the bar to find a random, skinny girl talking to Eren and I feel jealousy and weakness. She rubs her hand up and down his bicep inching closer to him. I can tell he feels uncomfortable and when he looks over to me, I look away. He pushes the girl away and walks over to me. 

"Look, she came on to me. Do you still want to go?"

"...yeah, sure." 

We walk side by side until we reach the diner. He opens the door for me and we sit in a booth. A waitress comes up to us and she takes our orders. We chit chat about ourselves until our food arrives and we eat. When we finish, he pays for the food and walks me back to my house.

"It was really nice getting to know you, (y/n)," He smiles down at me and I return it. 

"It was nice getting to meet you too, Eren."

"So, what about going out again tomorrow?"

"I don't believe I have anything planned. Can I get your number?"

"Of course," He puts his phone number in my phone and calls himself. He hands my phone back to me and I see that he put 'Your King' with a few little emojis as his name and I laugh.

"I'll see you tomorrow then,  yeah?"

"Definitely," He squeezes me into a hug and I hug him back. He waves goodbye before turning and leaving. I close the door behind me and prepare for bed. Walking past the shattered mirror, I smile. It's good I got rid of that, I need to stop putting myself down.