Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)

This will be set in modern times!

I sit on the couch in mine and Sasuke's apartment watching a random channel on t.v. My phone, sitting face down on the coffee table, starts buzzing. I pick it up and see the caller is my mom. Grumbling, I pick it up and answer.

"How may I help you, mother?" 

"No need to answer the phone like that sweetie. I was just calling to see how you and Sasuke are doing."

"We're fine."

"He hasn't left you yet? That's surprising."

"I thought you were supposed to be supportive."

"Yes, I am being supportive for both you and Sasuke. You just are not a good match for him. He needs someone slimmer, someone more pretty, someone that matches his outward appearance."

Without saying goodbye, I end the call and just stare down at the phone. Tears creeping to the surface of my eyes. I turn the t.v. off and leave my phone on the couch, walking to the bathroom.

I turn the sink on, cold water rushing out. I splash the water onto my face and look into the mirror. Staring into my own eyes but then allowing them to travel over my body.

I see how nothing on me screams 'skinny' but rather 'fat'. I pick and prod at my skin, lifting my shirt up a couple of times as well, allowing for the self-loathing to really take place. Shaking my head, I hear the front door open and splash my face with water again, seeing a slight puffiness still. I walk out to the living room and see Sasuke setting his things down.

"Hey Sasuke, how was work?"

"Boring as per usual. How was your day?"

"(M/N) called again. She's a dreadful person."

"(Y/n), you know whatever she says is not true."

I only shrug in response and walk over to him, hugging him.

"I don't know why you let her get to you."

"Because, I'm not as strong as you, I let things get to me. I'm not like you..."

"If you were like me, I don't know how I'd even be talking to you. You are strong, you just have to find it."

He rubs my back and I become more self conscious. He can feel everything that I don't like about myself.

The rest of the night goes as so: We watch t.v. together, we eat dinner together, Sasuke goes to sleep and I'm sitting on the toilet in the bathroom about to cry my eyes out.

The feeling just won't go away and I hate it. Sasuke can use someone better than me. I'll never amount to what Sasuke can do and it bothers me. I'm so weak.

Flushing the toilet, I wash my hands and then rub the tears away. I walk into Sasuke and I's bedroom and I crawl into bed.

"What took you so long?" Sasuke whispers as he rolls to face me.

"My stomach was hurting, is all."

"You're not lying, are you?"

"Why would I have any reason to lie?"

"Because you would be too nervous to tell me. (Y/n), I can tell that something still isn't right."

"Sasuke, trust me. I'll be fine tomorrow morning. Let's just go to sleep."

I turn my back towards him and fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning at 8:32 a.m. and notice that Sasuke should have left for work by now.

Throwing the covers off, I stand up and head into the kitchen. 

I grab a glass and fill it with water, not wanting to eat anything.

The day passes on and my thoughts are squeezing my neck, choking me.

With the thought that Sasuke should have someone better, I write him a note and go to pack my things.

Sasuke shouldn't be home until 3:00 p.m.

It's currently 2:30 p.m. and I walk out into the living room. Seeing if there is anything else for me to take. I don't see anything else and open the door with my things in hand.

Standing on the other side of the door is Sasuke.

"S-Sasuke? What are you doing home early?" I exclaim weakly.

"My boss let me leave early for all the work that I've been doing recently. Where are you going?"

"Uh, I was going to take a walk..."

He doesn't say anything as he walks past me and sets everything down, seeing the note I left. I quickly drop everything and race to grab it, only for him to hold it out of my reach.

"Don't read that please!"

"Why should I not? It is addressed to me."

"It's not important!"

"If it's not important then you should have no reason for me to not read it."

I don't say anything back because he has a point and I sit on the couch, my face in my hands. I'm trembling but I didn't realize it. I fucked up so badly.

"(Y/n)... How could you do this?"

The hurt in his voice worsens how I feel and I know that tears are streaming down my face.

He crouches in front of me and takes my hands away from my face.

I cast my eyes off to the side and he squeezes my hands.

"...I thought you said that you would be fine. This definitely isn't fine."

"I just think that you can-" I sob in-between the words, "that you could find someone better."

"You're the better half of me (Y/n), I don't want you to change. I love you for you." I look into his eyes and notice how he is also on the brink of tears. "I hate seeing you upset. I just wish that you could have handled this some other way. Please, just talk to me next time."

"I will, I promise! I just felt trapped in a corner and I didn't know what to do and so I let my thoughts get to me and so I decided that it would be best for you to find someone else."

Sasuke pulls me into a hug and sighs. I hold him back and I decide to stay, realizing that I was being ridiculous.

~~

And three years later, Sasuke and I have our first child. He asked me to marry him a year after this and we've had a steady relationship since. Everytime, I get down about myself, I talk to him and the same for him.

"Honey, have you seen (d/n)'s bunny? I can't find it anywhere." I say looking underneath the couch and then looking at him.

"You mean this?" He smirks and holds the grey bunny up.

"Ah! Where was it?"

"The bunny was sitting right over here."

"Oh my gosh." I sigh and grab the bunny, giving him a peck. "Thank you very much."

"And you are very welcome."

I go to our daughter's nursery and find her giggling in the crib.

"Hey sweetie." I give her the bunny and she immediately tries playing with it's ears.

I smile happily down at her as Sasuke wraps his arms around my waist, laying his head on my neck.

I'm so thankful that Sasuke came home early that day.