Haru Yoshida (My Little Monster)

This is kind of angst that turns to fluff?? I mean, I wasn't in a 100% fluffy-writing mood so I wrote this instead, enjoy....

It's early in the morning, not many people are in the classroom, possibly around eight or so.

I sit in the corner of the classroom, gazing at Haru and Shizuku. Haru is standing beside Shizuku, bothering her. I feel bad for Shizuku so I slide my chair back and stand up, pushing away from my desk. I timidly walk over to Shizuku and Haru and tap Haru on the shoulder.

"H-Haru, I think you're bothering Shizuku from studying..."

He lifts one eyebrow and turns away from me, bothering Shizuku again.

Ouch, that hurt.

I walk back to my seat, deflated from how I was brushed off. I open my notebook and start doodling random things in it, my eyes tearing up.

I have a crush on Haru and when you're brushed off by your crush, it really sucks.

Shizuku notices how I am acting and looks to Haru.

"You should apologize."

"For what, Shizuku?"

"For brushing (y/n) off. That was rude of you."

"Well, she told me to stop bothering you and I didn't want to do that."

"Fine. Move."

Shizuku stands up, grabs her things, and walks to an empty seat beside me. She sets her stuff down and looks at me.

I look up and smile awkwardly at her.

"You didn't have to..."

"I know, I wanted to," She takes her heavy history book and turns it to the page she was reading before.

I put strands of my (h/c) behind my ear and do some of my math homework. From the corner of my eyes, I can still see Haru standing where Shizuku was sitting before, staring at her.

Of course... He's so into for her.

I sigh and wait for the day to be over.

~~~

At lunch, I sit by myself under a tree, enjoying an apple and listening to music. It's typical for me but it gives me time to think.

I close my eyes as I take a bite of the crisp, red apple and savor the juiciness. The melody of the song takes me off to a world of peace and enjoyment - no worries. I feel someone tap my shoulder and I open my eyes, pulling an earbud out of my ear.

"Shizuku?"

"Is this seat taken?"

"No?"

She sits down beside me, holding her bento box.

"Is that all you're eating?" She nods her head towards my apple.

"Yeah, it's what I normally have."

Before Shizuku can say what she wants, Haru comes running up and sits beside her.

"Hi Shizuku... (y/n)," he looks over to me as he finishes his sentence but quickly turns back to Shizuku who ignores him.

"You should have more with you."

"No, I don't need more... Plus its enough," I take another bite out of the apple after saying that.

She sighs but picks up her chopsticks and starts to eat her meal.

For most of the lunch, it's just conversations between Shizuku and Haru, mostly Haru.