Holding Grudges

I lay awake on the grass; but it was early in the morning and in the middle of the forest; I turn around and I see a thin stream with little fishes swimming peacefully. Then I saw a flower drift slowly down; I picked it up; then realized what flower this is. Wolfs bane? Suddenly dark clouds flooded the sky; blocking any warmth and light. The stream started gushing thick red blood; and the trees were tall and black. Fog swiftly swallowed the forest floor; creating a creepy atmosphere.

Screams of pain could be heard deep within the forest; a bolt of severe pain shot up from my thigh to my heart... And then... Nothing; but I woke up with a deep breath and shot up from the ground; I held my thigh as it stung worse than anything I've felt.

I searched my skin for what the problem was; and remembered I was shot at; I looked at the wound; and saw the bullet. Instinctively I changed my nails into sharp claws; and took the bullet out. I roared in agony as I slowly dug it out. I stared at the bullet it my hand; bloodied and damaged; I then looked at my leg; my leg was fully healed. That was quicker than usual... After a few seconds I finally got up and walked over to the door to the warehouse. I opened the door; I saw someone and swung at them; a black gloved hand grabbed my wrist; "Going somewhere dog?!" John asked grimly.

"Let go! Let go you ass hole!" I said; that was the first time I said that word... "Oh! Learned new words have we?!" John threw me inside the warehouse by my forearm and I tumbled across the concrete floor; I got up and was ready to punch him square in the face; but then he held out his hand and a gas shot out; I fell to the ground unconscious.

"That's right; take a nap you pathetic piece of filth..." I heard him say as I lay on the ground; my eyes slowly closed... And I felt at ease; I heard people shouting; and fighting... I felt myself being picked up; then put down in a familiar feeling seat. I heard mumbling... And then a deep rumbling noise; an engine maybe?? So tired...

Batman's POV

I raced to the abandoned building in the batmobile; as fast as I could. I just hope I get there in time... "I'm definately going to take her out of school after this!" I said to myself; I was sure I was getting closer. Selina would have found her by now; I should contact her... I flicked a switch on my dash board and Catwoman's face appeared on a small screen.

"Catwoman."

"Batman."

"Where is she?" I ask her; but even though I knew the answer; I was hoping it wasn't true. I heard Catwoman sigh. "Nothing escapes you; does it?" She rolled her eyes; as if waiting for me to answer. Finally she groaned and spoke. "She's in an abandoned building; South West of Wayne Manor." I turned off the communicator and drove at full speed; it must be my lucky day; I was heading south west anyway. I practically felt closer to her already. I could feel as if she can hear me; I hope so.

Katie's POV

I couldn't focus on what was going on around me; but thankfully my cursed hearing was keeping me awake. I couldn't hear anything else; just a screeching of wheels and I'm pretty sure it's something to do with my imagination.

Something to do with the idea that daddy will save me; as usual. Why was I so important to Mr. Howard anyway? Oh. Right... Stupid question...

I don't want to die...

Suddenly I felt I was being picked up again; whomever was holding me seemed to go fast; running maybe? I think I was placed on some sort of metal surface; it was cold...

"Get a blow torch! Quickly!" A familiar voice commanded.

"NO! Wait; wait! She doesn't need it. Look!" Another voice said; it was Tim. The room fell silent; I heard footsteps moving away from me. "What about the poison? I heard that she was scratched with something coated in a poison." My mum said; someone got closer and leaned over me; "I'll see if it's still there." Dad said; I felt a sharp pain in my bicep; a few minutes went by; "Well?" My mum was anxiously waiting for an answer; "There's nothing there; she's fine." My dad replied; it then felt like I was being stared at in fear and curiousity.