Development 3

Robin's Perspective

"Get him idiots!!" Joker yelled and about fifteen or so henchmen ran towards Batgirl and me; we engaged in the fight and tried to take them down as fast as we could; after we knocked out about ten of them. Katie was already out the door; I knocked out the rest of the bunch and batgirl cuffed them all. Batgirl walked over to me; "Did you already contact Gordon?" I asked her. "I did; they were already coming." She said to me; "I put a tracker on her; if that makes things better." She added.

"Give me a minute. I need to make sure everyone is ok." I told Batgirl; "Ok. I'll be at the car." She said then walked to the doors. "Is everyone alright?" I asked the crowd; some of them looked at each other and nodded; "Yes thank you!" Some people said; others ran out of the mall to go home; but were stopped so they could be checked by medics.

I walked around the mall and noticed some of the security guards were tied up in a corner; I ran over to untie them and ask what happened. And then they started moving and trying to say something; which I depicted as a 'Look out!' and 'Behind you!' I heard a scrape on the ground and turned around and saw a security guard with a clown mask about to swing a bat at me.

He swung it hard and fast at my face; but I caught it and punched him hard in the face. I cuffed him and untied the security guards; "Thanks!" One of them said; "No problem; what happened?" I asked them; "That guy you hit; he tied us up before Joker and that little brat got here." One of them said. "Ok; thanks." I said to them and ran to the restroom to change. I came out and walked out to the car; Barbara saw me and waved.

I got in the car; "We need to get back to the cave; Barb." I said to her as I put on my seat belt; "No kidding!" She replied pulling out of the almost empty car park. We didn't really say much on the way to the cave; which is understandable. We got inside the cave and I again got changed into my Robin costume; and got the red bird ready; "Ok have you turned on the GPS?" I asked Barbara; who was at the bat computer.

"Yep; it should show on your bike." She said to me; "Alright; I'm off!" I told her; "Good luck!" She replied. I turned on the red bird and drove out; I activated the GPS and connected it to the bat computer. A red line appeared on the tiny screen; I followed it to Katie's location. After about 200 miles; Barbara contacts me from the cave; "Tim; Alfred found a package in the mail. It's a tape..." She said to me; "Play it." I told her.

After a minute; I heard Joker's voice; "Good evening Mr Wayne!" Joker said leaning his head towards the camera. He then walked over to Katie's right and leaned his elbow on Katie's head. "We have a special guest here today! Kate Wayne!" Joker said; "Clap Linda!" Joker said silently; Linda started clapping.

"We are holding her hostage and we want a ransom! How much do we want for her Linda?" Harley asked Linda. "We want; uhm. One billion dollars!!" Linda said; Joker face palmed himself. "Yes; we want a billion dollars from you; or your little princess won't get a happy ending!" Joker said; "We want you to send the money to the address on the card; be there at that exact time! Or else..." Joker added

"That doesn't sound good at all!" Barbara said; "Are you almost there?" She asked me; "I'll find her don't worry!" I reassured her. I was still following the red line on the screen. I was almost there then Barbara contacted me again; "Tim; something just showed up..." She said; "Yeah; what is it?" I asked her. "It's a live camera with a shot of Katie hanging over a vat of lime green liquid; I think its acid." She said. Oh crap... I thought to myself. "Does it have sound?" I asked her; "I'll see; give me a second." Barbara said.

Then I heard Joker's voice again; "Oh finally you're awake!" Joker announced; "Did you enjoy that little nap? Because it might very well be your last if your dear daddy doesn't pay up!" He laughed. Then I heard a switch being flicked; and I heard something opening. "I won't start lowering you yet; your father still has plenty of time to give the money." I heard Joker say; "Oh and smile for the camera! It's broadcasting live!" He added; "Now I'm going somewhere else for now. Just keep; hanging around!" He laughed. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!" Joker whispered to someone.